Turning Point Ministries
Job Opening – San Diego Headquarters
Copy Editor, Creative Services
Turning Point for God is the radio and television ministry of Dr. David Jeremiah, senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church. It is an international ministry with a vision to reach every language group in the world with the Gospel and the teachings of God’s Word. From a modest beginning thirty-five years ago, Turning Point is now accessible by 2.5 billion people worldwide every day through radio, television, and the Internet.
The position of Copy Editor in the Creative Services department is responsible for the organization’s publications, which include magazines, newsletters, study guides, books, website content, emails, and other materials. Editors must make certain that materials are factually accurate and free of spelling and grammatical errors and ensure materials are ready for publication. Copy editors need to make sure that copy fits within the tone, style, and perspective of the publications. Editors may also work with graphic designers, web editors, and other professionals to ensure content fits within a cohesive package in the editing process. Copy editors work within tight deadlines, and must be able to multitask and prioritize assignments to ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Proofing and Editing Turning Point Resources for:
- Readability – Copy must flow well, be interesting, and contain good diction
- Accuracy – Scriptural references and theological teaching must be accurate
- Voice – Consideration of the specific audience and the origin of each document is required.
- Consistency – Copy should conform to house rules and reflect proper grammar and punctuation
- Scholastic Standards – Quotations and references must be verified and certified that there is no conflict with the biblical teaching of the ministry
- Must be a like-minded believer and share our passion to deliver the unchanging Word of God to an ever-changing world.
- Ability to recognize errors in copy and compose suggested corrections
- Above-average understanding of punctuation and grammar rules
- Attention to detail
- Work well with others or independently
- Research and organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Communicate with publishers online
- Maintain Excel and Word files and tracking programs
- Able to think creatively
- Ability to type at least 50 words per minute with 98% accuracy
- Degree in English, Journalism, or Communications
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Ministry experience a plus
- Position is full-time at Turning Point International Headquarters in Lakeside, California.
- Relocation allowance not available for this position
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Extremely competitive employee health and retirement benefit program
- Qualified applicants may apply by providing a written Christian testimony, cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Turning Point is the radio and television ministry of Dr. David Jeremiah, Senior Pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, Ca.More...