Would you like to wake up every morning knowing that you work in an environment that reflects your personal values and advances your career goals? If this is
you, Salem Communications Seattle believes you can achieve great things at Christian Teaching and Talk stations KGNW 820AM & KNTS 1680AM (Spanish), Business News Talk
station KKOL 1300AM, Conservative talk and Freedom 1590 KLFE!
Salem Communications Corporation is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the Unites States.
Salem is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Salem Communications Seattle is seeking individuals who present an image of respect and professionalism to clients, co-workers and to the public. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of audio automation systems, phone screener software, audio
boards, audio recording equipment, ISDN and TELCO systems, and remote transmitter monitoring equipment. Candidate must be well organized, a team-player and have excellent communication and presentation skills, a positive attitude and a passion for our stations.
- Monitors cluster stations to ensure scheduled audio airs properly and within contractual time frame.
- Quickly responds to any observed automation/programming issues.
- Monitors transmitter status of all stations in cluster and take necessary action to correct any abnormal operation. This includes but is not limited to:
- alerting the Engineering Department of abnormal operation and cooperating with Engineering to quickly resolve the situation
- Contacting FAA in the case of tower light outages (KGNW)
- Assists Engineering Department with equipment maintenance/repair when requested and approved by appropriate supervisor
- Assists local programmers with studio set up and operation as well as being available to answer questions regarding the correct operation of equipment. May include but is not limited to:
- Operation of sound board during live programming
- Screening and activating live calls
- Assisting host with preparing in-studio and remote guests for interview
- Some live voice interaction during program
- Editing pre-taped programs
- May be requested to assist with production/operation of station programs within scheduled hours of duty.
$13 hr along with paid parking and a positive work environment.
Hours: Saturdays, 8.50hr per week plus vacation and holiday coverage when needed.
Apply On-line at www.salem.cc/careers
Search for the position of interest and click on the link.
The application is located at the bottom of the page.
You will also be able to attach your resume and cover letter.