We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm based in Norwalk, CT. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,200 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
Our client is a well-established, privately-held company that has been in business for over 100 years. They are seeking an experienced Showroom Sales Consultant to join their organization and work in their store which is located in Old
Greenwich, CT and sells church supplies, clergy apparel and religious items/gifts. Comprehensive and ongoing training is provided by the employer; some of which will take place at their headquarters in Armonk, New York.
The Sales Consultant is responsible for developing relationships with customers by providing quality service, personal attention, product and service knowledge and sales follow through. S/He will participate with the other members of the Store Team in day-to-day
operations and meeting sales and customer service objectives.
Our client is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence while providing exceptional quality and service to their customers, and at the same time developing their own employees. This is a full-time position that offers excellent benefits and on-going product and
Core Responsibilities Include:
Providing customer service and sales assistance; some of which requires comprehensive training provided by employer:
- Welcome customers and make customer appointments as necessary.
- Determine needs including fitting/measuring, and assist with purchase decisions using a variety of tools for which our client offers a comprehensive training program.
- Use company computer system to set up customers, process credit applications, process orders and inquiries, payments, refunds, etc.
- Receive and process returns and refurbishing items.
- Expedite orders and delivery as needed.
- Refer customers to alternate sources if needed.
Basic Tasks Include:
- Maintaining store and display cleanliness, theme, and image, including basic maintenance duties such as stocking displays, steaming and ironing.
- Maintaining inventory: receive, label/price, store or put on display.
- Maintaining the gift inventory tracking system, assigning and entering SKU numbers and stock reordering, maintaining optimum inventory levels at a selling minimum.
- Maintaining customer contact via phone or email to advise of stock availability for shipping or pick-up.
- Participating in Showroom sales opportunity development by recommending strategies to increase the volume of showroom traffic, participating in the development of advertising.
- Supporting the store opening and closing routines as schedule dictates, maintaining and observing security procedures.
- Recording the customer complaints and suggestions using the computer system.
- Assisting the call center and other sales units by verifying stock status and fulfilling non-store customer orders as needed. Packaging and shipping items as needed.
- Being available for staffing schedule for regular and special sale events and providing related reporting on proceedings, including assisting in organizing the annual Black Friday Sale.
- A demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn, as evidenced by some college education, sales training, etc.
- Four years high-end/luxury service-oriented retail experience (e.g. apparel or home furnishing/decorating sales).
- Experience with automated transaction processing and inventory control systems.
- Experience in a Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office skills in Outlook; Word and Excel required.
Position Requirements Include:
- Excellent communication skills: oral and written.
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist.
- Detail oriented.
- Willing to take initiative, highly self-motivated.
- Flexible, adaptable and professional.
- Highly organized.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Aptitude with learning proprietary computer systems.
- Ability to physically lift up to 20 lbs. frequently and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to physically climb stairs and ladders, and occasionally sweep/snow shovel outdoors.
- Ability to drive to Armonk, New York for periodic training and meetings.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply on this site. Please provide us with a cover letter indicating the position for which you are applying + your compensation history/requirements.