The Development Director is responsible for planning, developing and coordinating the schools efforts to raise monies for capital programs, operational needs, financial aid, and long term giving programs. This person will work in conjunction with the Superintendent
and The Board of Directors to better the school’s public relations efforts, alumni coordination, marketing/advertising and growth of admissions.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Agree to the School’s statement of faith and in all actions, glorify God. (Colossians 3:17).
- Coordinates/plans/organizes the fundraising calendar and fundraising activities for all areas of the school and all grades/campuses.
- Works with the principals and directors, staff and volunteers to develop an effective marketing, advertising and public relations program.
- Develop effective and regular communications between the school and families, grandparents, and alumni.
- Develop effective and regular communications between other Christian organizations to promote the benefits of a Christian education.
- Make presentations to various donor groups, churches, potential donor groups, businesses to solicit possible donations.
- Manage and coordinate the yearly auction and banquet on all levels.
- Manage and coordinate grant writing.
- Create ways to better recruit new students and set goals to increase enrollment.
- Create ways to increase parent volunteer opportunities.
- Develop a plan to communicate/meet with the “high donor” people to maintain and increase their giving opportunities.
- Attend Board meetings and detail/outline progress in all areas of the Development Director’s responsibility.