Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an opportunity for a Post Residency Program Manager to join our World Medical Mission team!
Manage the Post-Residency Program internationally and domestically in support of mission ministry through matching post-resident physicians with identified needs in mission hospitals/clinics, with intent to raise up career medical missionaries focused on proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ. Requires domestic and international travel.
Description of Job Duties
- Identify, engage with and develop deep relationships with missionary-sending organizations that have evangelical vision and ongoing medical missionary activities. Research potential mission organizations and mission hospitals to ensure sound theology, doctrine and worship practices.
- Identify, engage with, and cultivate relationships with post-resident candidates (including residents approaching the post-resident stage) and encourage them to follow God’s call in their lives to serve in medical missions as a career.
- Seek appropriate matches between missionary-sending agencies, post-resident physicians and mission hospitals able to provide opportunities for post-residents to serve for a two year period. Facilitate alignment between post-residents and mission organizations with potential to provide a career missionary path to those medical professionals, resulting in new career missionary doctors.
- Oversee logistical support provided to the PRP team regarding travel, living arrangements, finances and routine matters. Ensure that every PRP has a personal security and evacuation plan developed in conjunction with the SP Security Department. Confer with the SP Legal Department regarding matters having to do with obtaining work permits and taxation affecting post residents.
- Provide full and regular support to serving post residents; create and disburse quarterly surveys to identify needs, challenges, successes, and areas for improvement. Handle needed communications in pursuit of goals, including phones call, emails, mailed correspondence, personal visits, and addressing mission sending organizations.
- Develop and promote a mentorship program to each post-resident physician that connects the physician to an active missionary doctor serving at that hospital. Meet with team members periodically to discuss and review mentorship reports, quarterly reports, current issues, and ideas for improvement to maintain a healthy PRP team who are encouraged and on track to become career medical missionaries.
- Negotiate and obtain secondment agreements between post-resident physicians, the partnering sending organization and the mission hospital. Work closely with Human Resources to create Memos of Understanding (MOU) between Samaritan’s Purse and the PRP that document full details of their service.
- Coordinate and oversee the orientation of the Post-Resident physicians before they deploy to their service locations. Ensure their adherence to guidelines as set forth in the PRP Field Operation Guidelines. Work with other functional areas of WMM and SP to provide updated information on partnering hospitals, sending organizations, bio-medical needs and developing situations in order to meet post residents’ needs.
- Participate in annual Post-Resident interview and selection processes. Assist in planning and preparation for annual PFR (Prescription for Renewal) Conference.
Directly supervise two subordinate employees and indirectly supervise post residents serving on the field. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in nursing or post-nursing. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Employees who work within the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Executive DirectorThe Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry, Inc.
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- October 6
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...