Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! We have an opportunity for a Placement and Logistics Manager to join our World Medical Mission team!
Proclaim the Gospel by supporting mission ministry through matching physicians with needs in mission hospitals/clinics and projects around the world.
Description of Job Duties
- Oversee recruitment, logistics and placement functions of physicians and their families to meet medical mission needs; liaise with respective mission boards and project areas. Work closely with WMM Director to develop and improve the program by partnering with new hospitals and assessing current hospitals. Monitor and evaluate current staffing levels with regard to volunteer assignments; ensure department coordination staffs’ workload is manageable and evenly distributed. Coach and support staff in their networking with physicians approved in their specialty and other short-term volunteers/missionaries.
- Handle difficult situations that arise with mission hospital leadership, seeking input/guidance from director as necessary. Respond to challenging and/or specialized inquiries regarding the medical ministry. Assist Placement Coordinators and Logistics Coordinators with emergency situations.
- Conduct background checks on volunteers; personally follow up with those who receive an unsatisfactory result.
- Engage with SP Security staff to ensure the safety of all WMM traveling volunteers. Support evacuation efforts should they become necessary.
- Ensure project account balances and collections are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain statistical analyses by coordinators; provide relevant information upon request from internal departments. Oversee updating the hospital / physician databases and mailing list to keep them current and accurate.
- Work with the IT Department to suggest improvements for electronic mission hospital info; ensure WMM database meets the needs of short-term missions. Request any updates or revisions of CRM to IT and follow through with any glitches that need repair.
- Manage updating of information in hospital booklets and all orientation materials for medical volunteers. Work with Communications to update WMM brochures, ON CALL, and publications. Update WMM Policy and Procedure Manual to reflect the actual responsibilities of the department.
- Participate in annual Post-Resident interview and selection processes. Assist in planning and preparation for annual PFR (Prescription for Renewal) Conference. Manage Post-Practice Program.
- Facilitate short-term missions’ annual audit; work with Internal Auditor to ensure all documentation requested is provided in a timely manner and subsequent changes are implemented.
- Represent director and/or participate in conferences, domestic and international travel as directed. Assist WMM Director, WMM Cofounder, board members, and/or special guests of Franklin Graham with special assignments.
Supervises 13 non-supervisory employees handling placement, logistics, expenses, and disaster relief medical response. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in nursing or post-nursing. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Employees who work within the U.S. get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays
- Ten or more days of vacation depending on years of service
- Ten sick/personal days
- Staff discounts at retail stores and service providers in the Boone area and nationwide
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Director of Medicines ProgramMAP International
- Brunswick, Georgia
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...