Note: This position requires 30 hours/week.
Vision: Family Centered Discipleship
We believe that parents are the primary teachers of their children, and therefore, it is the job of the church to equip and encourage parents to fulfill their God-given role so that the next generation might Encounter Christ, Experience His reign and Expand His Kingdom (Deuteronomy 6:6-7; Ephesians 4:12).
1. The Kingdom Kids Director is responsible for overseeing the entire ministry (birth through 5th grade) with the aim in mind to equip and encourage parents to disciple their children.
2. Lead the ministry with godliness, integrity, and love.
3. Assemble a core ministry team and recruit volunteers to fill various roles within the ministry.
4. Teach and nurture the team for spiritual and ministry growth.
5. Lead weekly prayer meetings with volunteers to seek God’s wisdom and grace upon the ministry.
6. Oversee the selection and implementation of Sunday school curriculum.
7. Organize and manage teacher/volunteer rotation schedule.
8. Train new volunteers in utilizing the curriculum, managing a classroom, abiding by the ministry’s policies and procedures, and ensuring classroom safety.
9. Plan and manage all ministry meetings, trainings, and events.
10. Prepare and manage the annual ministry budget.
11. Create an annual calendar of all of the ministry’s events, activities, outings, etc.
12. Attend a 1 to 2 hour weekly staff meeting with the Lead Pastor(s)
13. This position is considered a deacon/deaconess role; all standards and expectations for leadership apply.
1. Participate in monthly leadership meetings for training and fellowship.
2. Come up with creative ways to foster family integration in Sunday corporate worship.
3. Work with and under the overseeing Pastor/Elder.
4. Ensure that childcare is available for all church-wide events with God-centered activities for the various age groups.
5. Attend annual Children’s Ministry conference for continual growth and development.
1. Must have an authentic and abiding faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Must have a deep love and appreciation of children.
3. Must have strong organizational and leadership skills.
4. Must have leadership experience in a Children’s Ministry.
5. Must be in full agreement with Living Way’s vision, values, doctrinal statement and distinctives.
6. Must become a member of the church upon hiring.
7. Must be a part of a small group.
8. Preferably have a background in Christian education or Biblical studies.
9. Exhibit professionalism and godliness in work ethic and appearance as well as in relationships with the children, parents, and volunteers.
10. Attend most church events and demonstrate active participation in its activities.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Living Way Community Church of LA
At Living Way, we’re all about glorifying God by making fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ. What’s a disciple, you ask? We define a disciple as someone who seeks to live all of life under God’s gracious rule and life-giving reign. Put another way, a disciple is one who lives the surrendered life for his/her joy and God’s glory. More...