CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
The Controller helps empower CRISTA to meet its mission by supplying great accounting and finance oversight and excellent customer service. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will be responsible for managing and collaborating
with a team of 18 staff within the Accounting Department, Mail Room and Purchasing functions of CRISTA Ministries.
Specific Job Duties:
1. Supervision and Administration: Manage the accounting department so that accurate and timely financial information is provided to CRISTA and its ministries. Manage the purchasing department to insure provision of goods and services required by CRISTA
in a timely, cost-effective and ethical manner. Manage the mail and copy center department to provide the best possible mail service and copy center services for our customers. Manage the day to day details of the audits of CRISTA. Coordinates the details
of the CRISTA budget process. Develop appropriate short term and long term objectives, strategies, standards and performance evaluations for the Accounting, Purchasing, and Mail Departments. Ensure that performance is evaluated on each employee regularly.
2. Financial & Operational Analysis: Propose to the Vice President of Finance/CFO changes to policies and procedures as related to the accounting, financial, purchasing and mail areas of CRISTA
3. Ministry Support: Encourage cooperation and mutually beneficial relationships between CRISTA accounting, purchasing, mail and all CRISTA employees. Passionate about excellent customer service. Insure and monitor appropriate internal controls of the financial
systems of CRISTA. Make available advice, counsel and interpretation of accounting, purchasing and mail policies to all staff. Provide analysis of financial trends on a continual basis to the Vice President of Finance. Evaluate cash requirements in order to
maintain appropriate returns on corporate cash.
4. Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and customers
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Christian Commitment: Godly leader and servant leadership style that is relational and reflective of John 10, with personal qualities of integrity, credibility and spiritual maturity.
2. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. Relevant work experience may
be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
5 or more years in accounting.
-Has managed 3-5 people.
-Has technical knowledge of FASB’s, state and federal taxes.
4. Licensure/Certification: CPA.
5. Software and Equipment Used: Microsoft Office Suite.
6. Other Considerations:
-Must be able to work independently, efficiently and professionally with a variety of personality types.
-Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, staff and customers.
Are you intrigued? Let us introduce you to CRISTA Ministries, and the Accounting/Finance Team. The Accounting/Finance team is a group of highly professional individuals with exceptional accounting skills that aim to provide world class support and financial
leadership to an organization that loves God by serving people. Supporting the seven distinct CRISTA Ministries provides a technically challenging, fast-paced environment where there are opportunities to grow professionally and spiritually while putting your
skills to work for a mission you believe in.
To apply, please go to the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRISTA&cws=1&rid=1570