Assistant Director of Distance Education
Reports To: Director of Distance Education
Strategic Priority: Assist in the directing, and support the development and operation, of the Multnomah University's distance education efforts, and act as the primary faculty curricular consultant for distance education.
Objective: To assist in coordination of online campus efforts of Multnomah University, provide curricular expertise for faculty development of online courses and support communication with students, faculty, and other constituents.
- Provide primary support for the director.
- Manage the course development process for all online programs.
- Manage and maintain all online polices for teaching, learning, and development.
- Coordinate with remote teaching sites and manage site coordinators.
- Provide training for faculty, students, and staff for all aspects of the online campus.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of emerging trends and developments in Internet related technologies for the sake of continued development of Multnomah University's educational effectiveness.
- Develop and implement processes to effectively achieve and assess Online Campus learning outcomes.
- Manage curricular program councils for the development of competency frameworks for each program available through the Online Campus.
- Assist in the implementation of initiatives such as online orientation, webinars for preview students etc.
- Awareness of how the Online Campus interacts and supports the University as a whole.
- Gather data and generate reports related efforts for assessments and accreditation purposes with the Online Campus.
- Develop ways to effectively extend or create campus resources and services to Online Campus students.
- Be willing and available to accept other duties in keeping with skills that would further the mission of Multnomah's Online Campus, and the University as a whole.
- Master's degree required and 3 years proven experience developing and managing online programs.
- Knowledge of learning theories, instructional design theories, instruction systems. Understanding and
- demonstrated application of sound pedagogy and instructional design practices.
- Experience developing courses in an industry LMS.
- Experience with evaluation online learning.
- Basic working knowledge of Mac OS and Windows OS.
- Be familiar MS Office (particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be flexible, have creative problem solving skills and be able to provide leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to teach faculty in small group settings and individually.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated cultural competency.
- Ability to explain educational concepts and ideas in non-technical language.
- Ability and desire to function with others in a team.
- Desire for and personal fulfillment by serving the Lord through this ministry.
- Desire to be challenged, adaptive to and professionally motivated by dynamic, emerging educational strategies
- and technologies.
- Self-motivated and professional.
- Ability to be flexible with job demands.
General Employment Requirements:
Because we believe that professionally qualified, committed Christian personnel are key to the operation of a truly Christian college and seminary, and that not only teachers, but all employees, by the pattern of their lives, serve as role models to our students, all employment positions at Multnomah University contain the following statements relating to required personal qualities:
- Employees will have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior. John. 1:12
- Employees will be in full agreement with the institution's doctrinal statement.
- Employees will believe the Bible is God's Word and standard for faith and daily living. 2 Tim. 3:16-17
- Employees will be a Christian role model in attitude, speech and actions towards others. This includes being committed to God's biblical standards for morality and sexual conduct. 1 Tim. 4:12, Luke 6:40, Col. 3:17, Titus 2:7-8, 1 Thess. 2:10 and 5:22.
- Employees will be regular participants in a local, evangelical church.
Full Time (40 hours) with Medical and Dental benefit options starting the first day of the month following the first 30 days of employment.
To Apply: Click Here for Online Application
If you have questions regarding this position please contact Rob McDole, email@example.com, 503.251.6716.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
GROUP PROGRAM DIRECTORS NEEDED – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Administrative AssistantCanyonville Christian Academy
- Canyonville, Oregon
- October 10
If it's Bible you want, then you want Multnomah! Since the 1930s, Multnomah has been teaching the Bible to men and women who want to know more about God and the Christian life. We are committed to keeping the unchanging Word of God central to all we do and teach at Multnomah Bible College, Multnomah Biblical Seminary, and Multnomah Graduate School. Please browse this section of our site to learn more about our core values and mission. We desire to train up students to be a transforming force in their church, community, and w More...