The Family Life Director will provide involvement opportunities for all members of the congregation but programming emphasis will be on children and youth activities. The candidate does not have to be Lutheran but must be a Christian. However, through mentorship
by our Pastor, he or she will be expected to gain an understanding and acceptance of Lutheran theology and practice.
The candidate should submit a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference. The letters should speak to how he or she functions relative to the job skills and attributes described. One of the letters must be from the candidate's clergy person.
Salary (minimum $40,000) is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits package is negotiable.
Please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Family Life Director
Trinity Lutheran Church
446 S. Gay St.
Auburn, AL 36830
Or fax to: (334) 887-5937
Listed below is the specific job description. If there are any questions, please email the above address or call (334) 887-3901.
Trinity Lutheran Church - Family Life Director
The purpose of the position is to direct and coordinate comprehensive and expanding programs for children, youth, and adults, which embody our faith and support Trinity’s mission:
- To invite and welcome people to live under the Lordship of Jesus,
- Form people in the love of Christ through spiritual growth, and
- Send people to be the hands of Jesus in the world.
It is not the purpose of this job description to present a rigid set of rules, but rather a set of guidelines, which can grow and change when necessary.
Skills and Attributes:
- Commitment to Jesus Christ, the church local, and the church universal
- Strong biblical faith and active prayer life
- Understanding of the Lutheran tradition, confession, and witness of faith (see notation in the opening paragraph above).
- Inherent passion and/or sense of call to the children, youth and adult ministry of the church
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and self-discipline
- Aptitude for long range planning and program development
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office and comfortable using email
- Genuinely willing to honor persons of various ages, backgrounds, economic, status, physical abilities and faith perspectives
- Persistence, strong work ethic, creativity, flexibility, and adaptability
- Relationship building and strong interpersonal skills with youth and adults
- Ability to recruit, train, and supervise both youth and adult volunteers
- College degree in a related field and/or two or more years of experience working with children, youth, and family services/ministries.
- Provide primary leadership in developing appropriate and effective programs for children, youth, and families, evaluating and recommending curriculum, and obtaining materials.
- Recruit, guide, and assist volunteers for children’s, youth, and adult programs.
- Plan and promote camps, retreats, trips, mission trips, and outreach events, etc.
- Develop, maintain and nurture relationships with groups at other local churches, other Lutheran or Christian churches in Alabama, and other related ministries.
- Integrate the children’s and youth program with the larger church body.
- Work with the pastor and other teams as appropriate to fulfill the overall vision of Trinity Lutheran Church.
- Develop and propose an annual budget for Trinity’s Family Life program to the Administrative Team.
- Full time (40 hours per week minimum) to meet the needs of our church family. Hours include attendance of and participation in Sunday morning activities as well as church after school and evening programs. Hours also include occasional attendance of community
Note: a background check will be conducted on the successful candidate.