Salem Media Group- Twin Cities is looking for a dynamic and creative Promotions Director that will make a full contribution to the success of the Marketing/Promotion, Programming, and Sales departments by being an effective team member, assist in the execution
of station promotions and events from inception to completion; assist and coordinate different outside marketing plans, and assist with our client’s social media initiatives. We are looking for someone who can create a “buzz” and help deliver the Salem mission
throughout the Twin Cities.
- Oversee all promotions and marketing efforts for AM 1280 The Patriot,
AM 980 KKMS, Business 1440, Wellness Radio 1570, and digital only
theFishTwinCities.com. This includes on-air, on-line, and on-location promotions, and it also includes all aspects of marketing the brands, in all forms, on all platforms.
- Generate specific promotional strategies to grow the brands. This requires coordinating with personnel in the department to plan and execute these strategies and to measure their success.
- Work with the Operations Manager and Multimedia Sales Manager to identify and develop revenue-generating promotional opportunities.
- Plan and execute all aspects of station events for all four stations, including:
Prepare promotional strategy outlining timelines and deadlines for marketing elements, registration, etc.
Oversee registration process, send updates to team, track pacing
Prepare event timeline, sponsor timeline, and program clock
Schedule staff and ensure all day-of responsibilities are covered
Create sales recap
- Pursue new opportunities to grow the stations’ presence in cross-platform arenas, specifically, mobile, web, and social media. This requires working with Salem’s Director of Digital Media to remain on the cutting edge of available technology.
- Lead the clusters efforts with social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Run weekly promotions and marketing meetings for the radio station cluster.
- Create and edit cluster newsletters and press releases when needed.
- Coordinate relationships with national ministries and oversee execution of national promotional campaigns with local promotions staff.
- A minimum of three-years of promotions/event marketing experience.
- Understanding of radio promotional and programming strategy and online and social media marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and strategic thinker.
- Organized individual with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Strong computer skills required including writing, web development, and photo editing and presentation design
Salem Media Group offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
Please visit our website for more information about Salem Media Group at
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Media Group sounds like the company for you, please upload a well written cover letter with salary requirements and resume when you apply online. No phone calls please.