Blue Ridge Christian School, a quickly growing, interdenominational school located in the heart of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, is accepting application materials for the position of Head of School. We are currently serving 218 students, grades Pre-K
through 11, with plans to add 12th grade for the 2017-2018 academic year.
At Blue Ridge Christian School, we educate the whole child: spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally. The Head of School provides critical leadership in accomplishing this goal. Responsibilities for the position include:
- Overseeing the successful fulfillment of the School’s vision and mission
- Providing caring leadership of faculty, staff and students
- Providing overall supervision of an excellent academic and extra-curricular program
- Providing management of operational functions
- Supporting the work of the BRCS Board
- Serving as the School’s chief spokesperson
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess a Master’s Degree in Education, School Administration or a related field. Strong candidates will also have a minimum of five years of experience as a school’s lead officer (e.g. Principal, Superintendent
or Head of School) and five years of teaching experience.
Above all else, the successful candidate will model and maintain an intimate relationship with Jesus, posses an integrity that is beyond reproach, demonstrate a strong work ethic, and be a person who earns and gives respect.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, written testimony and three letters of reference to:
Blue Ridge Christian School
Attn: Search Committee, Head
100 Dinkel Avenue
PO Box 207
Bridgewater, VA 22812