In commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ, and under the direction of the Healthcare Specialist, the Dental Assistant is responsible for the effective discharge of administrative and clinical tasks in the Guest Service Department.
- Conduct initial intake assessment of patients to determine appropriateness of admission to our New Day Program.
- Interview patients, collect information and ensure all documentation is complete and included in the patient’s file.
- Takes accurate information for patient documentation.
- Give instructions to patients as instructed by Healthcare Specialist or Dentist.
- Administer and accurately record patient medication.
- Perform all lab tests as requested by the Healthcare Specialist and/or Dentist, including, but not limited to, blood draws and urinalysis.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information are available and kept current in patients’ medical records.
- Answers patient, family and visitor inquiries within HIPPA guidelines and schedule appointments.
- Triage and process messages from patients to Healthcare Specialist.
- Work as part of a team with the Healthcare Specialist and Counselors to assure a timely and appropriate transition of patients into the next level of care.
- Research and refer patients to other additional outside resources.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to patient’s treatment.
- Respond to reported medical emergencies within the organization
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Check and stock supplies and medication in appropriate area.
- Keep an inventory of supplies
- Supervise and assist with clinic housekeeping.
- Clean up and store biohazard waste products