*Please apply using the link at the bottom of this ad and NOT on this website.*
CRISTA Ministries is looking for an Accounting Specialist to helps empower CRISTA to meet its mission by supplying great accounting and finance support and excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. The Accounting Specialist will provide excellent customer service while working with Media employees to ensure customers are billed properly and payments are applied accurately to customer accounts. The Accounting Specialist will also calculate commission due to account executives and assist the account executives with the collection of receivables. The Accounting Specialist will prepare journal entries, reconciliations, audit schedules and other reports as assigned as well as preparing supporting schedules for the Form 990T.
Intrigued? Let us introduce you to the Accounting/Finance Team at CRISTA Ministries. The Accounting/Finance team is a group of highly professional individuals with exceptional accounting skills that aim to provide world class support and financial leadership to an organization that loves God by serving people. Supporting the seven distinct CRISTA Ministries provides a technically challenging, fast paced environment where there are opportunities to grow professionally and spiritually while putting your skills to work for a mission you believe in.
1. Media Accounting:
Responsible for daily accounting functions of the Media accounts receivable system. Perform the necessary accounting functions that will accomplish accurate and timely record keeping and reports for Media, including but not limited to:
-Generate client invoices and process payments
-Calculate and submit commission amounts for payment for CRISTA account executives and advertising agencies
-Enter adjustments into Wide Orbit (Media software)
-Review credit applications of new advertisers/agencies and assign credit classification
2. Media Ministry Support:
Coordinate with Media Sales Department employees to ensure customers are billed accurately and in a timely manner.
Provide excellent customer service to both internal & external customers particularly with respect to their Media billing or receivable related questions.
Understand Media AR software (Wide Orbit) well enough to be a resource to the Media sales team regarding sales order entry and invoices.
Assist Media account executives with collection of receivables.
Propose to the Media Sales Manager/Director suggestions for improving Media AR processes.
Prepare reports as needed to assist Media account executives & management.
3. Accounting Department Support:
Propose to the Accounting Manager or Controller improvements and modifications to the reporting and receivable function of CRISTA.
Assist with completion of support for annual audit and tax returns; in particular the Form 990T.
Provide backup duties for other Accounting personnel as assigned.
4. General Ledger:
Prepare and post assigned journal entries.
Prepare GL account reconciliations as assigned.
Utilize Wide Orbit software to generate required month-end reports.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Christian Commitment: Godly leader and servant leadership style that is relational and reflective of John 10; personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and spiritual maturity.
2. Education: AA degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent. May substitute relevant work experience for education on a year-for-year basis.
3. Experience: Minimum 2yrs experience with computerized accounts receivable systems, computerized general ledger systems and customer service.
4. Licensure/Certification: None
5. Other Considerations: Individual must be able to work independently, efficiently and professionally with a wide variety of personality types as well as demonstrate a willingness to learn and grow.
6. Software And Equipment Used: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
1. Education: AA degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university recognized by the United States Department of Education or equivalent.
2. Experience: Experience with radio stations and in managing accounts receivable
3. Licensure/Certification: None
4. Software and Equipment Used: Experience with Agresso G/L and/or Wide Orbit Traffic/AR software
To view the full job description and TO APPY please go to the following URL: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CRISTA&cws=1&rid=1565
Or visit www.crista.org/employment to view all our opportunities.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
- Winchester, Virginia
- August 9
A Christian organization composed of 9 ministries (Radio Broadcast, Senior Community, Women's Ministries, King's Schools, Miracle Ranch and Island Lake Camps, World Concern, Intercristo, and Seattle Urban Academy) operating on 6 locations in Washington state and field locations around the world. Please visit www.crista.org/hr for applications and process.More...