This servant-leader ministry position develops and cares for donor relationships in the region; provides spiritual and operational oversight to all staff/ministry departments in the regional office. Encourages and facilitates team unity and activity for
achieving strategic and tactical regional goals in accordance with CHF’s organizational mission, values, and distinctives. Serves as the “face” of and represents CHF in the region; is the lead development representative for the region as a Major Gift Officer.
Works closely with the Executive Team. Travel is required (see Responsibilities section).
- Resource Development (70% of position): Has lead responsibility in the region to cultivate, encourage, maintain and report on all donor relationship activity, under leadership of Executive Director, Development. Represent and speak on behalf of CHF at various
events. Coordinate regional participation in emergency response as identified by CHF.
- Operations (20% of position): Implement and oversee all regional administrative functions in cooperation with respective Executive Directors and Directors including communications and marketing, information technology, finance and human resources. Participate
in regional budget preparation; maintain, review and report on regional budget/expenses. Implement organizational policies and procedures. Oversee regional facility, maintaining organizational procedures and standards for presentation, cleanliness, safety,
regional logistics, vehicle and equipment use and repair, and volunteer activities.
- Ministry Development (10% of position): Facilitate effective ongoing cultivation and maintenance of regional Mercy Networks in accordance with CHF MD philosophy, processes and procedures.
- Travel as required, including but not limited to: regional, national (at least 4x/year), international (generally 1x/year).
- Lead weekly regional team meetings, participate in recurring and ad-hoc meetings including but not limited to: weekly All-Staff, Executive Team, Leadership Team, Quarterly Reporting, Strategic Planning and Budget.
- Ensure that regional data is updated CHF’s systems on a timely basis; prepare and distribute regional activity reports.
- Attend and participate in CHF events including but not limited to: Volunteer Workdays, Toy Wraps, other special events such as banquets, dessert receptions, golf tournaments, etc.
- Confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; active member of a local evangelical Christian church; demonstrates ongoing growth in Christian maturity
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent knowledge and experience; 5 years of related business or ministry leadership experience including donor development and relations (e.g., individual, corporate, church; financial and gifts-in-kind)
- Humble servant-leader with demonstrated sound spiritual discretion and judgment
- Proven supervisory experience with ability to coach and develop an effective team
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and relationship-building skills, able to speak publicly and professionally on behalf of CHF
- Demonstrated initiative and drive, a self-starter with proven record of meeting and/or exceeding established goals
- Innovative problem-solver; sble to suggest creative and innovative ways to raise awareness of CHF in the community among businesses, churches and individuals
- Able to effectively organize and oversee events including event follow-up
- Demonstrated integrity, able to maintain and foster both individual and CHF reputation in the community
- Competent user of Windows/MS Office/Internet, able to quickly learn new software applications; Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce experience preferred
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required
NOTE: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, qualifications, work environment and/or physical demands required.
Incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified Individuals: Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email that your information was received. A CHF HR representative will contact those whose background
and experience most closely align with CHF’s requirements. For more about CHF, visit us at www.chfus.org. Thank you for your interest! Proverbs 16:9