Operation Christmas Child is a dynamic, fast-paced ministry of Samaritan's Purse that transforms lives around the world through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our goal is to grow the scope of our ministry in the Greater New York City. We are blessed to have dedicated volunteer teams serving in Queens, the Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island and Brooklyn. We are seeking an experienced “New Yorker” who has a depth of understanding of the demographics and volunteer culture of Greater New York City and who has a proven track record of successfully managing long term volunteers. The ideal candidate will further develop existing volunteer teams and recruit, select, equip and lead new volunteer teams across the territory. Samaritan’s Purse employs effective leaders, who are ready for a challenge and have experience managing a high capacity of volunteers.
- Leading volunteer teams in a defined geographic area to accomplish goals in the areas of church, community, media and prayer mobilization and the establishment and retention of a collection network;
- Recruiting, selecting, equipping, leading, and developing year-round leader volunteers according to the High Impact model of volunteer ministry;
- Coordinate with Regional Staff and volunteers to create and implement strategic plans and initiatives to accomplish measurable ministry goals.
- Travel throughout the assigned Region, with possibility of occasional travel outside of Region and/or 1-2 international trips per year. Yearly travel averages 70 nights per year.
- Potentially serving on the management team in one of the Operation Christmas Child Processing Centers (Charlotte, NC; Boone, NC; Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Baltimore, MD; Minneapolis, MN; Denver, CO; Southern CA) for four weeks in November and December.
- Proven experience in volunteer leadership and management, including motivating and leading volunteer teams in implementing and achieving program goals;
- Spent at least 2 years living within the Greater New York area. (Queens, the Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island and Brooklyn)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to successfully manage multiple priorities;
- Self-starter who takes initiative on reaching goals;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, including 12-credit hours of college-level Biblical studies;
- Strong Christian character and support of the mission and objectives of Samaritan’s Purse
Your ministry and/or volunteer experience is important to us! Please let us know why you qualify for this position. We look forward to receiving your resume and application!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Director of Medicines ProgramMAP International
- Brunswick, Georgia
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...