Operation Christmas Child, a program of Samaritan’s Purse, partners with local believers and churches in over 100 countries to share the powerful message of the Gospel through a simple shoebox gift. Our desire is to continue to grow this exciting, life changing ministry so more children around the world are impacted by the Gospel. We accomplish shoebox gift growth through the development of leader volunteers in the US who lead local volunteer teams promoting and growing the ministry of Operation Christmas Child in their communities. We currently have an opportunity to join our staff team in the greater Northeast. The Northeast Region oversees volunteer development and shoebox growth in these seven states: New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire and Connecticut. Are you someone ready for a challenge, with experience managing high capacity staff and volunteers? Would you describe yourself as a gifted visionary, with the ability to motivate others, but also a strategic planner with the ability to articulate the plan to those you supervise? Do you have the gifts to not only envision the plan, but complete the strategy? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to have a career with impact!
The Regional Director is responsible for leading the regional staff in developing and implementing plans toward furthering the ministry of Operation Christmas Child in the northeast, specifically:
- Supervising staff
- Spiritually leading regional management staff and volunteers;
- Developing an annual ministry plan that meets goals and strategies in the areas of office health, prayer, volunteer relations, church relations, community relations, media relations, logistics and operations;
- Recruiting, selecting, equipping (training), leading, and developing year-round leader volunteers according to the High Impact model of volunteer ministry;
- Serving on the management team for the Operation Christmas Child Processing Center for four to six weeks in November and December.
- Proven experience in leadership and management (volunteer leadership and management preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate and lead teams in implementing goals
- Facilitating prayer support
- Building media awareness
- Ability to travel an average of 80 days/nights per year.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- 12 hours of Biblical Studies in an accredited college-level program
Your ministry and/or volunteer experience is important to us! Please let us know why you qualify for this position. We look forward to receiving your resume and application!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Director of Medicines ProgramMAP International
- Brunswick, Georgia
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...