Brand Manager- Christianradio.com and Conservativeradio.com
Salem Media Group, a NASDAQ listed publicly traded company, is the largest commercial U.S. radio broadcasting company that provides programming targeted at audiences interested in Christian and conservative opinion content. The company owns a portfolio of
117 radio stations in 39 US cities. In addition to its radio broadcast business, Salem owns a large and rapidly growing Internet division also serving the Christian and conservative communities.
The last few years have seen the rapid growth of Pandora, Spotify, iheartradio, Tunein and others who serve as aggregators of digital audio content. Salem has developed its own digital audio aggregators to serve the Christian and conservative audience segments-
Christianradio.com and Conservativeradio.com.
This new position will play a key role managing and growing Salem’s digital audio websites/apps, Christianradio.com and Conservativeradio.com
We are seeking a brand manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of these websites. The right candidate will be excited by the idea of delivering the highest quality Christian and conservative audio content, growing our audience and looking
for innovative ways to improve the audience experience.
As Brand Manager, you will direct the selection of appropriate content for inclusion on the websites, manage the design of the websites and lead efforts to market and promote the websites and apps.
- Serve as Brand Manager for Christianradio.com and Conservativeradio.com, websites and mobile apps.
- Select appropriate audio content
- Engage, assist and encourage social media fans and website visitors
- Market, promote and publicize the websites
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized and detail-oriented with experience managing a website. Will display a strong work ethic and operate productively in a team environment.
- Will have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with at least 3 years of experience in a related media or communications field.
- Strong knowledge and experience in online marketing, SEO, Google Adwords, email marketing, Facebook, etc.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of the Christian and/or conservative radio audience
- Will show a general understanding of Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, social media websites and general internet practices.
- Will display a basic understanding of online etiquette and best practice.
- Will display an ability to interact productively with both corporate organizations and audience members.
We offer a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.