Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural
disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening
for a Donor Response Manager in our Donor Ministries department.
This manager will be supervising 10-16 Donor Ministries Representatives who are serving our donors with excellence while building relationships. This is a fast paced position that requires some schedule flexibility and the ability to work well under pressure.
We are seeking a hands on manager who can step in and function in the role of a Donor Ministries Representative if needed. Prior management experience is preferred along with excellent coaching and team building skills.
- Maintain a “highest-level” knowledge of Samaritan’s Purse projects and activities requiring funding. Communicate to donors and prospective donors the various ministries of Samaritan’s Purse. Maintain a thorough knowledge of operating practices that impact
- Manage donor response to ensure that relational perspective is conveyed in all communications with donors and colleagues. Oversee coverage, workflow, and adherence to procedures on donor inquiries that come by means of: phone, postal mail, email, SP website,
visits to campus. Encourage special donor touches when appropriate.
- Serve as primary liaison between Donor Ministries and specified OCC staff; oversee Donor Ministries’ responses to OCC inquiries. Anticipate and proactively seek information needed to respond to world events, SP response, and media coverage of Samaritan’s
Purse. Function as “go-to” for general and specialized projects questions.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of past publications and campaigns. Represent DM and donor concerns on multidisciplinary teams and other committees as required. a. Attend or coordinate the attendance of weekly Production meetings. b. Monitor campaigns for
donor impact. c. Review routed print, broadcast, and web publications for approval
- Keep all staff informed and trained on general SP, projects, and disaster information, and assist additional staff on advanced-level responses. Send out regular updates on developing situations.
- Manage Donor Representatives according to organization and department expectations. Provide high level of staff support with focus on continual training. Be readily available as immediate “go to” for questions and exceptions.
- Compile, analyze and write all required reports. Participate in all staff meetings as required.
- Answer phones, talk with donors, field general Samaritan's Purse questions, and take requests for information. Oversee and serve as primary contact for donors and provide backup telephone coverage, as needed. Mentor and assist correspondents with difficult
- Must have a deep and abiding relationship with Jesus Christ, be willing to share that journey in building relationships with team members and donors.
- Must have the highest personal integrity, be task and process oriented and self-motivated.
- Must value confidentiality and have a passion for donors.
- Must be able to lead, mentor and coach team members in order to best serve our donors.
- Will require schedule flexibility when needed to meet the needs of the ministry.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) with five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Office Grammar.