Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural
disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve! Samaritan’s Purse has an opening
for a Foundation Relations Officer in our Donor Ministries department. As the Foundation Relations Officer you will works within Donor Ministries to steward a portfolio of Foundation donors with an emphasis on increasing the donor level of involvement through
appropriate engagement, reporting, and stewardship. Responsibilities include planning, research, grant proposal development, follow-up reporting, cultivating prospective foundation donors, maintaining and updating internal tracking mechanisms and donor records,
and stewardship of foundation funders. This position works collaboratively on a team to manage relationships with current and new donors who make gifts through private and public foundations, serving the needs of donors with excellence. The position also
involves meeting with Foundation principals and executives, and may also represent Donor Ministries and the Ministry of Samaritan's Purse at various donor and community events throughout the year.
- Responsible for the daily management of serving the needs of donors who make gifts to Samaritan’s Purse through private, public and corporate foundations and also maintain relationships with donors advised organizations.
- Perform research on current, new and prospective foundation donors, evaluating each relationship to determine ministry fit and capacity.
- Prepare funding proposals, executive briefings, and project updates for foundations and individuals that closely align with the mission of Samaritan's Purse.
- Communicate professionally and succinctly with foundation donors by face-to-face meetings, telephone, e-mail, and by letter to convey thanks and share additional information about the projects of Samaritan's Purse. Communications should always reflect a
- Work proactively within Donor Ministries and Samaritan’s Purse to stay up-to-date on information relating to Samaritan’s Purse projects that foundation donors express interest in supporting.
- Develop next steps for effectively serving and communicating with each donor in ways that meaningfully serve the donor. Work closely with the foundation donor or executive to prepare grant reports and project updates in accordance with the foundation’s
specifications and Samaritan’s Purse protocol. Close attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines is paramount.
- Organize and maintain a grant tracking matrix that allows foundation relations staff to quickly identify key information relative to current and upcoming grant proposals, project updates, and grant reports.
- Communicate regularly with other Foundation Relations team members to ensure that foundation donors are being cared for to the highest standard of excellence and that Donor Ministries and Samaritan’s Purse policies and protocols are being maintained.
- Diligently ensure that all donor records are maintained and interactions and communications are appropriately documented in the donor database management software.
- Maintain donor confidence and security by protecting and securing classified files, and ensuring that no information is inappropriately revealed or published.
- Research and prepare executive summaries, donor profiles, and foundation summary reports for Vice President of Donor Ministries, the Director of Strategic Partnerships, Programs and others as needed in order to promote opportunities to lift the relationship
through connecting key Samaritan’s Purse staff with foundation donors and executives.
- Facilitate and enhance effective staff, department, and donor relationships by providing timely, accurate responses, and service-oriented offers of assistance, ensuring that messages are transmitted to appropriate personnel quickly and accurately.
- Travel, at the discretion of the Director of Strategic Partnerships, to represent Donor Ministries and the Ministry of Samaritan's Purse at donor and other community events.
- Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries and the general public.
Key attributes include:
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
- Work independently and organize time sensitive projects and personal workload
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals
- Donor database experience helpful
- Serve donors and build long term relationships
- Use tact and diplomacy in interpersonal relationships
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations, or similar area; with a minimum of five years of progressive, professional development experience in a not-for-profit organization with a demonstrated
track record of achieving established goals. Consideration will be given to candidates with a strong background in sales/marketing or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Solid communications and writing skills are required. Research and
writing skills, at the level normally demonstrated through college graduate proficiency, are needed in order to compile and analyze data for reports, and to compose, produce, and edit documents and grant proposals. Candidates for this position will be required
to provide writing samples related to development and fundraising. Applicants should have good verbal communication skills and the ability to make presentations. Must have experience in donor software and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel,