Samaritan’s Purse mobilizes staff and equipment and enlists thousands of volunteers to provide emergency aid to victims of tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, floods, and other natural disasters in the United States. Fleet Mechanic Drivers are essential in
that mobilization process and often one of the first to arrive at the scene to begin the process of restoration.
The Fleet Mechanic/Driver is responsible for helping operate and maintain the fleet of vehicles, equipment and supplies for the North American Ministries area of the ministry. Position requires frequent travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the mechanical repair and upkeep and cleanliness of the department’s vehicle fleet and equipment. Maintain response ready mode for all SP equipment and vehicles.
2. Ensure maintenance logs and permits are kept up to date for all vehicles and equipment.
3. Be familiar with Federal DOT laws concerning the use and transportation of U.S. Disaster Relief equipment and supplies.
4. Maintain accurate listing and placement of all Samaritan’s Purse U.S. Disaster Relief inventory.
5. Travel to field sites as necessary to maintain vehicles and equipment.
6. Provide procurement and logistical support for field projects.
7. Responds to disasters as requested maintaining equipment and delivering tools and supplies as needed with their assigned disaster relief unit.
8. Provide project site instruction and direct volunteer teams work, ensuring safety and quality of our work.
9. Responsible to follow all Samaritan’s Purse purchasing and reporting policies as described in the Samaritan’s Purse Policy and Procedure Manual.
10. Follow policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
11. Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
12. Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
MUST maintain a current Class A CDL and a valid DOT Medical Card.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full-time position with benefit package.
Frequent travel (80-120 days per year) to areas of disaster.
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters,
disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.