We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and desire to live and work in a close community to serve in the much-needed role of Food Services Manager. He/She should be passionate about ministering in the area of kitchen and dining, but also have
a desire to mentor and disciple others through this ministry position within the work setting of a farm.
His Mansion is a healing and discipleship community for adults struggling with addictions and all manner of life-controlling behaviors. Our mission is To inspire Christ-like change through authentic relationships in a community context, with
Biblical truth and love.
The makeup of our community determines a large part of what it is like to live and work here. We have about 80 people who live on-site all year-round, comprised of full-time staff and their families, gap-year students, and facilitators. Since we are about
a 45-minute drive from any large towns or cities, all of our full-time staff live on-site. His Mansion Ministries is a beautiful place with many natural resources but calls for somewhat remote living. Our staff is passionate about involvement with our community
and ministry. We encourage applicants, at a further stage in the hiring process, to visit and ask questions from various staff about what it is like to live and work here.
- Strong Christian faith, integrity, moral values and convictions
- Knowledge of and passion for His Mansion’s mission and philosophy of ministry
- Good problem solving skills, ability to troubleshoot complex systems, exercise judgment, and make decisions in performing job duties
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work unsupervised for extended periods
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Over 3 years of professional kitchen experience including managerial experience
- Ability and willingness to cook for large numbers of people (40-80 people on average)
- Experience/knowledge/certification in minor repairs/upkeep of equipment, budgeting, managing multiple people and projects at a time
- Possess or able to acquire Serve Safe Manager certification
- American Culinary Federation certified a plus
- Strategic thinker/problem solver while keeping a professional presence
- Willingness to work holidays nights and weekends when necessary
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for entire operation of kitchen and dining facilities
- Maintain kitchen standards:
- Ensure meals are served on time, taste excellent, are healthy and cooked properly
- Ensure safety procedures and standards are in place and followed for all areas, whether or not they are directly supervised
- Cook meals (for 40-80 people on average) when needed
- Manage the cooks, canning room, and incoming butchered products and fruit/vegetable produce
- Manage food preservation, canning, freezing, smoking, and storage
- Plan for what food needs to be grown with the Ag department
- Indoor work in a kitchen that can be upwards of 120F
- Regularly stand or sit for many hours
- Occasionally lift heavy boxes of inventory weighing 50+ lbs
- Work varied schedule, especially longer days on holidays/special days
- Live on His Mansion property
Housing, utilities, and other benefits are provided by His Mansion. Employees are required to raise support for their personal needs. His Mansion will provide resources for support raising.
Before applying, please read the job description in its entirety at hismansion.com/serve/long-term-staff, and the statement of faith at hismansion.com/about/statement-of-faith. If interested in this position, please email a resume to Ed Perrine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most communication will be handled by email over the next few months until the position has been filled. Initial inquiries will not be responded to immediately so as to give us time to consider the many applicants. Not all applicants will receive a response
for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, types of work performed and qualification required of staff members assigned to this position. They are not intended nor should be taken as an exhaustive list of and responsibilities, duties,
and requirements of personnel so classified.