Educational or Certification Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years of national broadcast media placement experience involving buying media, measuring/analyzing results, managing media budgets & spending levels, and fostering agency relationships;
- Exceptional oral/written communication, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Strong strategic, analytical, negotiation and critical-thinking abilities; and
- Excellent planning, organizing and prioritization skills.
- Computer literate
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required/Preferred:
- Proficient in EXCEL, WORD, Outlook.
- Knowledge of audio equipment and editing are a plus but not required.
Position Summary: The Manager of Christian Broadcast Marketing initiates and manages the strategic plan for fundraising and informational efforts in radio, television, podcasting and other mass market media. Also ensures the effectiveness
and profitability of any programs that result, including Cross International’s existing campaigns on Christian radio nationwide. Manages and works in cooperation with all service providers, including outside media buyers, talent (on-air hosts, etc.), call
center staff and fulfillment providers. Must troubleshoot any issues and oversee quality control of services or materials that affect broadcast-acquired donors. Must prepare all materials for broadcasts/events and manage all correspondence sent to the donors
after broadcasts/event. Also responsible for formulating annual department budgets and keeping accurate records of all income and expenses as they relate to the broadcast marketing department.
- Develop strategies, programs and campaigns communicated by media outlets (radio, television, podcasts, film, etc.) to the public – particularly in Christian media – to achieve fundraising and donor acquisition goals.
- Oversee creation of all program/campaign materials, working in cooperation with related Cross staff (missions department, communications department, etc.).
Handle all interactions with outside service companies (media buyers, call center, etc.), managing those working agreements and monitoring service quality and results.
- Where outside companies are not involved, negotiate contracts and agreements on behalf of Cross.
- Manage schedules, confirmations, contracts and other technical details involved in programs, events and campaigns.
- Assist other Cross departments with advertising buys in Christian media.
- Develop and manage systems for conversion/fulfillment of pledges & donations.
- Track income & expenses for individual events/campaigns through monthly & annual reports.
- Review and resolve billing discrepancies.
- Oversee the preparation of all elements for an event with station/network, call center, data management teams, & main office (includes: scripting; web graphics; creating mail pieces).
- Serve as host for overseas travel with media contacts.
- Oversee collection of audio/video materials for use in broadcast materials/programs.
- Adopt leadership role in developing/promoting ministry’s professional and spiritual culture.
- Participate in ministry-wide campaign planning and fundraising efforts.
- Provide departmental reports for board members.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Manager of Christian Broadcast Marketing” in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted
by phone and/or email. Assessment, eligibility test and background checks are part of the application process for final candidates for the position.