Radio Broadcast Chief Engineer
The Radio Broadcast Chief Engineer will:
- Operate, maintain and repair studio and transmitter equipment.
- Perform required FCC measurements and logging; must maintain facilities in compliance
with FCC Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure that all broadcast related equipment is operating and maintained in accordance
with all applicable regulations and good engineering practices.
The position of Chief Engineer for our stations requires hands-on tech skills and will be a key member of the local management team.
Responsibilities, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable experience in Broadcast Engineering
- At least 10 years of experience in an advanced technical position within the field of Radio Broadcast Engineering. SBE Certification at the Certified Broadcast Radio Engineer level or higher.
- Must have exceptional communication and organizational skills and be capable of tracking and budgeting expenses with the General Manager.
- Proven experience in studio transmitter, RF and IT systems planning, development & project management experience.
- Operational experience with satellite uplink/downlink equipment; RF transmission remote control gear, STL.
- IP Streaming, station automation and Internet audio delivery systems.
- An advanced level of understanding of high-power FM transmitters and all related equipment as well as the skills to troubleshoot problems with RF, digital and analog systems.
- Good working knowledge of computer-based digital audio systems (Enco preferred) and computer networking, transmitter remote control systems, RDS and HD Radio technologies and I/P based audio distribution and routing systems.
- Knowledge of FCC technical rules and regulations.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit packing including medical, dental, life, 401(k) to full time employment.
Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.