Demonstrates Christ-like behavior and attitude in all job duties and responsibilities. Displays executive level maturity and maintain confidentiality regarding private and sensitive information and is able to work in a strong Christian environment. Provide
highly professional and detailed administrative assistance to LAM’s Executive Leadership Team by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Other duties as assigned.
- Manages Mission events calendar and Exchange calendar for CEO. Manages Development and other business calendars on Exchange as needed.
- Ability to conduct internet and other research in a variety of areas, including Biblical matters and public opinion.
- Creates an atmosphere of extreme hospitality and service.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds or routes to others, as appropriate. Handles and initiates calls as directed.
- Maintains files for reporting offices as requested and timecard compliance.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding private and sensitive information.
- Takes and transcribes dictation, and composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Arranges detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings. Makes purchases and maintains expense account reporting as requested.
- Arranges meetings as requested coordinating with Facilities, Security and the Kitchen as appropriate.
- Assists the Director of Community Partnerships with preparation of special events including public relations materials, staffing and coordination as directed.
- Maintains inventory of PR materials for Development and Executive Office and an interface with media, donors, and other VIP’s to arrange or conduct tours for these individuals. Makes appointments as requested by staff.
- Attends meetings/events in the absence of the President or others as requested.
- Dress attire must be conservative and modest.
- Assists VP of Development, SVP/CFO and Director of Community Partnerships with administrative duties as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Interface with President’s additional Board commitments of LACPC and AGRM Board.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required. Five to seven years of administrative and supervisory experience serving at the executive level of an organization.
Computer literacy is required. Must minimally be able to operate Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and internet-based applications like ADP Workforce Now Employee/Manager Self Service Portal and Outlook Web Access with ease. Other business software may
be deployed related to job functions. Must be able to provide routine troubleshooting for computers and printers to supervisors and department staff.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents such as common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal paperwork. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively when responding to common
inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Fluency in Spanish highly desirable.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
LOS ANGELES MISSION EVENTS:
All Mission employees are required to work the four (4) yearly Mission street events; Good Friday, Summer Block Party, Thanksgiving and Christmas, if/as scheduled. Accommodations will be made if necessary. Exceptions must be approved by a member of the
ELT and Special Assistant to the President.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of a job in a highly professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may
be occasionally exposed to disagreeable elements such as noise, heat, dust, or cold. Employee may occasionally be exposed to some abuse from angry callers. Employee may be exposed to some risk of communicable disease from guest of facility, exposure to TB
and other respiratory diseases. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.