IT-Network Engineer / System Support / Managed Services:
NPSGroup is a technology consulting group based in Phoenix Arizona serving small to midsized customers with a special focus on the technology needs of churches and nonprofit organizations. NPSGroup is working to build solutions to meet the needs of our customers through service delivery, managed solutions, and remote managed services. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team and grow their skills and opportunities with NPSGroup.
- Network/System Engineer / Support
- Entry Service Delivery Manager/Director – On top of Daily support duties grow to assume responsibility for day to day service delivery, system design and management
- Opportunity for growth to lead technical resource
PLEASE REVIEW REQUIRED INFORMATION BELOW TO INCLUDE WITH RESUME WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION:
Candidates for the position of IT-Network System Engineer / System Support / Managed Services should possess the following skills as their direct involvement or oversight might include:
- Very Competent in the setup, operation and support of Desktop operating systems (Windows, MAC, Chrome)
- Competent to administer, build, deploy and troubleshoot server operating systems, primarily Windows server (Active Directory, Group Policy and user & Folder Security)
- Able to install, manage and deploy Virtual Server technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Capable of operating and troubleshooting most common end user applications.
- Very Strong knowledge of networking principles (VLAN, IP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, VPN)
- Capable of installing and troubleshooting PC, Server, Printer, and Network hardware
- Understanding of wireless networking technologies, deployment and troubleshooting
- Capable of premise and structured cabling troubleshooting and installation
- Maintenance and removal of virus / malware / spyware – management/deployment of security solutions.
- Administer and maintain onsite and offsite Backup solutions including recovery operations
- Familiar with electronic messaging (E-mail both client side, server and hosted technologies – google, Office365), Spam filters. Exchange Administration and migration.
- Experienced with operation and configuration of mobile devices
Candidates for the position of IT System Engineer / System Support will:
- Demonstrates the utmost level of integrity and honesty in all aspects of the job
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and demonstrate the ability to manage time independently
- Provide support appropriate to needs using phone, remote access or onsite visits
- Manage trouble ticket queue and take ownership of trouble tickets from triage to resolution
- Provide on-site customer support for desktops, networks, and servers
- Provide backup administration and system monitoring and reporting protecting customer assets
- Participate in the active monitoring using best practices for customers systems
- Assess customer infrastructure and work with NPSG Team to design and deploy proper infrastructure and systems.
- Proactively seek knowledge to stay current with IT industry certifications and best practices.
- Maintain detailed notes of internal and customer systems through ticketing system, a high attention to detail and commitment to detailed documentation is not negotiable. You will need to document and record time and service activities for all internal and customer facing activities
Previous help desk experience is highly desirable but not required (preferably service providers, consulting groups), familiarity with PSA tools (ConnectWise, AutoTask, etc.), Familiarity with RMM (Continuum, LabTech, N-Able, Level, Packetrap, etc.).
This is a position which will require onsite visits to customers using your own transportation.
Location: Phoenix metropolitan area and surrounding
Hours: Some afterhours support required as part of team rotation other time std. business hours
Compensation: Depends on Experience this is a field level consulting/technician with opportunities for advancement Range $30k-$55k
Travel: Local commute to customers, rare regional travel
Term: Full Time
Please send Cover letter and resume:
PO Box 71096, Phoenix, and AZ 85050-1096
Preferred File Format: PDF, Word Doc(X) - NO TXT
MUST include with resume:
- Cover page addressing the following questions:
- Information on how you learned of our opportunity
- Please describe what would be the perfect job for you
- Summary of your goals as it relates to employment in the technology industry over next 1, 3,5,10 years.
- Description of involvement with nonprofit, philanthropic, or faith based organizations.
- Professional/Personal/Character references
- Resume should include work history and Education including lengths of service – Please address any gaps in employment.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.