Founded in 1989, Share International is a 501(c)3 Evangelical Missions ministry that:
Exists to share the Gospel and our very lives among the Turkana people of Kenya through training and sending indigenous missionaries to establish self-multiplying, holistic churches.
Starting Date: February 1, 2016
As Share International embarks on an aggressive 5-year plan to spread the Gospel to and establish strong, biblical churches in Turkana County (population 1 million) of northwest Kenya, we are seeking to employ an Associate Director who possesses strong administrative
gifts and a passion for the Gospel and Missions, to free up our Executive Director to focus on casting the vision, aggressively promoting and executing our 5-year plan and raising funds to achieve our goals. The Associate Director will work very closely with
and report to our Executive Director and, together with him will report to our actively engaged Board. The position will reside and primarily operate from our office near Lubbock, Texas.
- Monitor all aspects of the ministry operations, including regular communication with our Lodwar staff (currently over 20), providing encouragement to them and accountability of them with regard to ministry assignments and responsibilities
- Develop and implement operational and missional improvement plans for the various Share ministries and ensure their effectiveness. This will lead to more efficient and strategic ministry structures that build a spirit of close collaboration and common vision
between coordinators of the various Share ministries.
- Interface with our Finance team in financial matters, including the monitoring of cash flow and receipt/expenditure of funds.
- Develop and communicate weekly/monthly analytics and reports for use by Executive Director, Executive Committee and the leadership team.
- Maintain and improve donor databases to enable the ministry to be more effective in its fundraising and donor development initiatives.
- Manage, maintain, and improve our ministry communications, including the maintenance of our website (shareint.net), other “new media” venues and production of traditional mass mailings.
- Help organize ministry trips from the US to Turkana, particularly the annual Short-Term Outreach & Relief Mission (STORM) trip.
Necessary Attributes, Qualifications and Skills:
- Glad affirmation of Share International’s statement of faith and a passion for the Great Commission.
- A growing walk with the Lord Jesus, actively engaged in the ministry of the local church, and committed to living a life of integrity, honoring to the Lord.
- BA degree or above, with strong and practical experience in administration.
- Skilled in cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness, working effectively with diverse populations, including the very poor and disadvantaged.
- A self starter with excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills, and an ability to manage multiple tasks with varying deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
- Solid computer skills and learning ability, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and database applications.
Work Schedule & Compensation: Full-time (40-hour/week); $40,000/year without benefits (with the invitation to personally raise additional support).
Applications: Should include a letter of intent, resume, and at least three reference letters. Please send your applications to:
Share International, Inc. c/o Sammy Murimi, Director, P.O. Box 1011, Wolfforth, TX 79382