RECOVERY & RESCUE PROGRAM MANAGER
Job Title: Recovery & Rescue Program Manager
Area/Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: City Director
Subordinates: Volunteers; Residents; Interns
Date Submitted for Revision: 12.31.15
Job Description Approved: 1.6.16
The Recovery & Rescue Program Manager assumes responsibility for the strategic direction and overall operation of the Cityteam Portland Recovery programs and Rescue Mission. This includes, but is not limited to: department planning, setting and monitoring
of program goals, organization of the program structure, budgeting, personnel motivation, internal and external staff training, and supervision of program residents. The Recovery & Rescue Program Manager will be responsible for bringing and maintaining a
focused intentionality in mentoring and discipling residents and graduates to disciple others.
The Recovery & Rescue Program Manager shall be concerned for the spiritual welfare of all staff members and residents under his/her charge, challenging them to grow and mentor others. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Provide servant spiritual leadership and counsel to staff and residents.
- Provide or otherwise ensure Cityteam’s supplemental recovery program components are in place and operational, i.e. 12-step classes, counseling, discipleship, life skills, relapse prevention, and recreational programs.
- Ensure implementation and effective functioning of Cityteam’s “The Way Out” Program including both the Big Book and discipleship tracks.
- Oversee compliance with guest bed assignment and recovery program Phase I procedures.
- Provide supervision and accountability for residents in the areas of general behavior.
- Oversee compliance with overnight and late night pass procedures when appropriate.
- Supervise residents’ in-house job placement, training, and performance evaluation.
- Produce monthly activity reports.
- Conduct periodic interdepartmental meetings with supervisors, counselors, interns, and volunteers.
- Create and maintain a continually high level of integrity, comradery, and professional competency within the department.
- Develop and manage the various Rescue Mission personnel and programs.
- Assist in other areas as directed by the City Director.
- In conjunction with the City Director, produce an annual department budget (expense and capital) and conduct periodic adjustments and reviews.
- Monitor expenses relative to budget and revenue.
- Work with local universities and the Human Resources Department to develop student intern programs to utilize counseling, social work, and chaplain interns.
- Complete staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
Personal Donor Cultivation & Department Fundraising
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal donor cultivation and missionary support program in accordance with a plan established annually.
- Build relationships with other non-profits and city agencies to support voucher program and increase gift-in-kind donations.
- Participate in department and special project fundraising as needed.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must be a role model and mentor of spiritually clean living to all that enter and surround Cityteam Ministries--Above reproach!
- Must ensure healthy boundaries between work and non-work times.
- Must have demonstrated administrative ability.
- Must have both administration and counseling experience in the field of chemical dependency as well as relapse prevention.
- Must be able to intelligently delegate.
- Should be results oriented.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must have 4-year degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Bible and/or seminary training preferred.