RECOVERY & RESCUE PROGRAM MANAGER
Job Title: Recovery & Rescue Program Manager
Area/Location: Portland, OR
Reports to: City Director
Subordinates: Volunteers; Residents; Interns
Date Submitted for Revision: 12.31.15
Job Description Approved: 1.6.16
The Recovery & Rescue Program Manager assumes responsibility for the strategic direction and overall operation of the Cityteam Portland Recovery programs and Rescue Mission. This includes, but is not limited to: department planning, setting and monitoring of program goals, organization of the program structure, budgeting, personnel motivation, internal and external staff training, and supervision of program residents. The Recovery & Rescue Program Manager will be responsible for bringing and maintaining a focused intentionality in mentoring and discipling residents and graduates to disciple others.
The Recovery & Rescue Program Manager shall be concerned for the spiritual welfare of all staff members and residents under his/her charge, challenging them to grow and mentor others. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Provide servant spiritual leadership and counsel to staff and residents.
- Provide or otherwise ensure Cityteam’s supplemental recovery program components are in place and operational, i.e. 12-step classes, counseling, discipleship, life skills, relapse prevention, and recreational programs.
- Ensure implementation and effective functioning of Cityteam’s “The Way Out” Program including both the Big Book and discipleship tracks.
- Oversee compliance with guest bed assignment and recovery program Phase I procedures.
- Provide supervision and accountability for residents in the areas of general behavior.
- Oversee compliance with overnight and late night pass procedures when appropriate.
- Supervise residents’ in-house job placement, training, and performance evaluation.
- Produce monthly activity reports.
- Conduct periodic interdepartmental meetings with supervisors, counselors, interns, and volunteers.
- Create and maintain a continually high level of integrity, comradery, and professional competency within the department.
- Develop and manage the various Rescue Mission personnel and programs.
- Assist in other areas as directed by the City Director.
- In conjunction with the City Director, produce an annual department budget (expense and capital) and conduct periodic adjustments and reviews.
- Monitor expenses relative to budget and revenue.
- Work with local universities and the Human Resources Department to develop student intern programs to utilize counseling, social work, and chaplain interns.
- Complete staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
Personal Donor Cultivation & Department Fundraising
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal donor cultivation and missionary support program in accordance with a plan established annually.
- Build relationships with other non-profits and city agencies to support voucher program and increase gift-in-kind donations.
- Participate in department and special project fundraising as needed.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must be a role model and mentor of spiritually clean living to all that enter and surround Cityteam Ministries--Above reproach!
- Must ensure healthy boundaries between work and non-work times.
- Must have demonstrated administrative ability.
- Must have both administration and counseling experience in the field of chemical dependency as well as relapse prevention.
- Must be able to intelligently delegate.
- Should be results oriented.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must have 4-year degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Bible and/or seminary training preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Executive DirectorThe Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry, Inc.
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2
Associate DirectorProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...