Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a Religious Programs/Character Development Coordinator to provide for the Elementary Division's spiritual care and character development. The Coordinator supports both the Religious Programs Office and the Elementary
Division by leading and coordinating the Junior Chapel program, as well as other religious and character development programming. Milton Hershey School is founded on Judeo-Christian principles and bases the religious programs upon those principles.
The Religious Programs/Character Development Elementary Division Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Providing religious instruction at the elementary level (pre-kindergarten through fourth grade), as well as some delivery at the 5th and 6th grade levels.
- Developing and delivering after-school Religious and Character Development programming.
- Developing, coordinating and delivering Religious and Character Development programming for Year Round Experiences (summers and school breaks) for all students (pre-K through 12th grade).
- Selecting and recommending religious curriculum.
- Staffing Sunday morning programming and other programming, particularly through high school volunteers.
- Providing support to the Elementary Division Head of School and the Religious Programs Director both programmatically and in student care.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a field related to religious education.
- Experience in a K-12 residential school environment a plus.
- Experience in developing and delivering engaging religious programming, spiritual care and character development, particularly to young children.
- Experience engaging and inspiring children from low income and/or diverse populations a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with both children and adults.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft applications and Internet.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as required by programmatic needs.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Demonstrated high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS students.