Title: Assistant Editor, Website Content
Location: Washington DC
Eagle Financial Publications is launching a couple of new websites as it continues to grow and is looking for a newly-created position for an Assistant Editor.
We are seeking a person who will be responsible for providing day-to-day content for our seniors / retirement / investing websites. The right candidate will be excited by the idea of delivering the highest quality content to the big and growing 55+ audience
and of offering innovative ways to serve the audience.
You will work directly with the Editorial Director on the selection of appropriate content for inclusion on the websites as well as work with our development, design and marketing departments to create the best possible online experience for our audience
while maximizing revenue. Daily duties will include writing, interfacing with freelancers and content providers, editing and uploading articles, responding to audience questions and running a brand Facebook page.
- Select, edit, write and post compelling and appropriate Seniors / Retirement / Investing content in written, graphic, audio and video formats
- Procure additional Seniors / Retirement / Investing content from book publishers, freelance writers and other organizations
- Engage, assist and encourage social media fans and website visitors
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized and detail-oriented with experience or training in managing editorial and web projects. Will display a strong work ethic and operate productively in a team environment.
- Will have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Must have solid writing and editing skills and experience writing on deadline.
- Must demonstrate editorial innovation and creativity.
- Must have an interest in the area of personal finance and investing.
- Proficient Facebook user
- Will show a general understanding of Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, social media websites and general Internet practices.
- Will display a basic understanding of online etiquette and best practice.
- Will display an ability to interact productively with both corporate organizations and audience members.
Eagle Financial Publications offers excellent benefits including immediate participation in 401k with company match, health insurance, paid time off, competitive salary and more.
Offices are conveniently located on Capitol Hill near Union Station (red-line).
This is an editorial position, not a technical one, although some basic technical training on our content management and operational systems will be part of the job.
If you possess these qualifications and Eagle sounds like the company for you, please submit a well-written cover letter with salary requirements and resume and apply to www.salemmedia.com