The Church Business Administrator manages all business and office administration functions and oversees overall operations, which includes the general responsibility for oversight of finances, human resources, and administrative staff. In addition, the Administrator identifies and plans for the changing operational needs of the organization and contributes to cost-effective management. The Administrator also participates in management meetings and shares responsibility in a team environment for strategic planning.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Participating in regular meetings with the Finance & Administration Committee and/or Board to engage in the strategic planning for church, the development of administrative and other policies for the church, and the planning and coordination of special church projects, such as church expansion plans and other growth initiatives
- Reviewing internal accounting functions; reviewing weekly/monthly financial statements and management reports; monitoring cash flow, deposits, accounts, oversee banking relationships; providing and interpreting financial information for operational development projects and purchases; analyzing ongoing operational fiscal performance
- Responsibility for the development of an overall annual proposed budget for the church organization in conjunction with budgeting guidelines, including gathering or facilitating the development of budgets for all departments
- Developing and implementing the business development plan for the office and refining those plans as the church grows
- Preparing financial, human resource, and building management reports to Finance & Administration Committee and Board
- Working with the Finance and Administration Committee to develop financial policies and procedures and to ensure legal compliance
- Overseeing the donations and collections process and ensuring that bank deposits are completed in a timely manner
- Oversight of bookkeeping and ensuring Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable are properly accounted for
- Overall oversight of all financial functions of church organization
- Coordinating and supervising overall administrative support for church ministries and activities, including church holidays, major events, and regularly scheduled church services and activities
- Overseeing Operations, including the usage of church facilities, space planning, and improvements; working with the Facilities Manager as needed.
- Negotiating the purchase/vendor contracts for church needs
- Overseeing reception and general office management to ensure an orderly and well-functioning office
- Supervisory responsibility for administrative staff members (including oversight of independent contractors and outsourced work) and church administration ministries
- Overseeing IT staff and coordinating IT needs
- Recruiting administrative staff and facilitating new hire orientation and development
- Hiring and overseeing the performance of outsource firms and independent contractors
- Responsibility for setting goals, performance evaluations, and counsel for administrative staff and managing personnel files
- Overseeing compensation and benefits administration (401K, health insurance, etc.)
- Working with HR firm and/or Finance & Administration Committee to ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures of the organization and HR laws
- Assisting with evaluation and purchase of all insurance policies (professional liability, life, LTD, workers comp, Employment Practices & health insurance)
In addition, the Administrator shall:
- Administer all church policies and procedures related to his/her areas of responsibility
- Cultivate a safe, comfortable and positive work environment for employees
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive church, HR, and financial matters
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Executive DirectorBoys & Girls Country
- Hockley, Texas
- November 21
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
St. Mark's Coptic Orthodox Church of Washington, D.C.
Mission Statement: Our mission is to help people grow in fervent love for God, for one another, and for those without Christ, both locally and globally. Our vision is to see the whole world become fully devoted disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ in the true, apostolic, Christian faith, and members of His eternal family. More...