AEI BASE CAMP PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The AEI Base Camp Program Director will have a broad range of skills and knowledge concerning all aspects of Residential Adventure Camping. This person will be responsible for the recruiting and hiring of staff, recruiting of groups, group programming and
associated administration. The Colorado Program Director is responsible to the Base Camp Director.
PAY: Commensurate with experience.
Seasonal room and board while working at AEI Base Camp and while traveling. Paid vacation as per longevity. Colorado Workman’s Compensation insurance provided. Partial health insurance provided with employer paying 60%; currently Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Simple IRA retirement plan with 3% employer match after first year of employment. Annual paid Benefit Days and paid Holidays.
- Provide healthy spiritual environment/growth of AEI Base Camp staff and program.
- Design and implement the program conducted at AEI Base Camp.
- Prepare and manage Colorado Base Camp budget.
- Recruit, interview, and hire summer camp personnel.
- Provide in-service training to summer camp personnel.
- Supervise the summer camp personnel.
- Actively market the AEI Base Camp.
- Administration within the office setting (i.e. clientele interaction, scheduling of groups, etc.)
- Stay current with the Wilderness Adventure field trends and industry standards.
- Demonstrate high Christian morals and values.
- Provide safe and healthy experiences for clients.
- Be proficient in the wilderness skills, which the program offers.
- Maintain a good working relation with other staff.
- Follow all guidelines as set forth in the AEI Handbook.
- Work other aspects of Adventure Experiences, Inc. as needed.
- Help with the administration and operation of AEI Guide and Outfitter as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Outside of demonstrating spiritual maturity, he/she must have two (2) or more of the following:
1. Min. 2 Years experience in Outdoor Education/Wilderness Adventure programming;
2. College Degree in a related field;
3. Significant Professional Leadership Experience;
4. Experience with Camp Administration.
Fill out the application on the website and submit to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.