Job Title: Board Operator/Technical Operations Assistant
Job Category: Radio/Broadcasting/Media
Full Time – Non-Exempt Must be able to work nights and weekends as required
Medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, accrued vacation and sick time
Salem Media Group is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the United States. The Tampa location for Salem Media Group is looking for a self-motivated,
organized, professional individual to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for operating in-studio digital boards and assisting the Director of Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operates a tight board for live local programs
- Monitors satellite delivered syndicated programming
- Provides voice work for commercials and promos
- Assists with other production as needed
- Assists the Director of Engineering in all aspects of Radio Broadcasting. This includes but is not limited to installation, maintenance and repair of electronic equipment including computers. Also included will be building and grounds maintenance at studio
and tower sites.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma
- 2 years experience in the radio industry is preferred.
- Ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is highly motivated, dependable, energetic, and displays professionalism and enthusiasm when representing the company.
- Experience with Adobe Audition is preferred as well as prior experience working with digital audio control boards, ISDN lines, XDS and Unity Satellite Receivers.
- Knowledge of Salem’s Rivendell Automation System is a plus.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires the ability to properly use a radio frequency field strength meter.