The Donor Relations Director is responsible for helping donors and prospective donors fulfill their passions through giving to LYDIA Home Association and Safe Families for Children. The Donor Relations Director is responsible for direct solicitation of gifts, identifying and cultivating future donors, and managing relationships with key influencers, as well as collaborating with the Director of Development on the overall fundraising strategy for LYDIA Home Association. An expected 40-60% of the Donor Relations Director’s time will be spent out of the office in the field meeting with donors and prospective donors throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Raise funds to resource the mission of LYDIA Home Association and its programs, such as, but not limited to, Safe Families for Children.
- Retain donors through relationship management.
- Advise the Director of Development on strategy, events, and cultivation of new donors and fundraising opportunities.
- Procure church and corporate gifts and sponsorships.
- Create individual goals and plans for each donor and prospective donor.
- Write proposals.
- Manage deadlines and budgets.
- Provide assistance with development related events.
- Procure individual, corporate, and church gifts and sponsorships.
- Assist with other Development projects and duties as assigned.
- At least three years fundraising experience, including major gifts fundraising.
- Naturally inclined to adhere to ethical approaches.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota.
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Great relational skills and a sense of humor, as well as the ability to demonstrate empathy and sensitivity towards individual constituents within the organization.
- Effective project management experience.
- Feels comfortable with computers and knowledge of fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce) a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors/partners.
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base.
- Experience in the non-profit or child welfare world a plus.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
The donor relations director reports to the director of development and has delegated authority to implement approved decisions and plans related to the development work of LYDIA Home Association and Safe Families for Children.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
LYDIA Home Association/Safe Families
Celebrating nearly 100 years, LYDIA/Safe Families is a national non-profit social service organization which seeks to care for at-risk children by strengthening families and caring for children when families cannot. More...