Director of Sales and Marketing
Position: The Director of Sales and Marketing shall serve the Glen Eyrie Group (GEG) and fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of The Navigators calling, values and purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His Kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
The Director of Sales is responsible for managing all sales and sales planning activities related to group conferences, weddings, day events and similar. The Director of Sales provides leadership, motivation and coaching for the Sales Team. The Director of Sales also serves as an active member of the GEG Community Leadership Team.
Supervision and Leadership
• Develop and implement strategic ways to ensure departmental health as a team.
• Complete annual Plan & Progress Reviews with department’s employees.
• Lead a team devotional and keeping the Glen Eyrie/Navigator mission of “To know Christ and to
make Him known” at the forefront of all activities.
• Meet on regular basis with sales team, both individually and as a group, to ensure productive
strategies are increasing sales and revenue.
• Review and approve department employee’s time cards and expense reports.
• Continuously motivate the sales team to stay focused on GEG goals.
• Responsible for overseeing the departmental annual budget to include developing, implementing, and
managing all financial aspects.
Strategy and Planning
• Develops innovative sales and strategies, forecasts and budgets, annually, monthly and quarterly.
• Work closely with the GE General Manager for strategy development and implementation.
• Develop and implement an effective sales incentive structure for group sales and reservations sales.
• Proactively collect, develop and analyze industry, market and competitive conference intelligence on
an ongoing basis.
• Community networking and involvement to build client and account relationships, and increased
• Learn the history of the GEG sales to understand the annual cycle of business and identify areas of
opportunity for growth.
• Learn the culture and history of The Navigators and Glen Eyrie Castle.
• Submit required reports to General Manager and GE Leadership Team.
Sales and Marketing
• Meet annual sales revenue goal with a minimum of six qualified appointments per week.
• Ensure the Group Sales Managers and Director of Sales are meeting all sales goals.
• Create and build a master account client list with the Director of Sales and update client list quarterly.
• Accurately track sales activity through the sales funnel/pipeline and SMART plans to include:
appointments, calls, prospecting calls, maintenance calls, networking and site
tours (daily, weekly, and monthly).
• Ensure all responses to Conference RFP’s are within a minimum of 24 hours.
• Ensure all contracts are pre-approved before they are sent to clients and the final signed contract will be
approved by the Director of Sales.
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions.
• Participate in MOD schedules as required.
• Communicate with the marketing team to create an effective plan of ad placement, direct mail and web
• Belief in and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of The Navigators
• Must have a heart for people, leading a talented team and motivated by a love for Christ
• Has a sincere and mature walk with Christ
• Five to seven years’ experience in luxury hospitality environment
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job related experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel Spreadsheets
• Proficient in computers and become current with Megasys and other sales software systems.
• Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated track record of developing and maintaining relationships and contacts
• Successful track record in creating and executing strategic marketing/sales plans
• Ability to quickly evaluate alternative sales and marketing methods and decide on a plan of action
• Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage
multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
Please go to our web site and select >Get Involved >Career Center and click on the position at the bottom of the page that you want to apply for. You will be directed to the Taleo Recruiting System and can complete an on-line application. Our web site address is: WWW.NAVIGATORS.ORG
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Regional Director, MidwestChildren's Hunger Fund
- Homewood, Illinois
- October 27
Sales and Marketing CoordinatorCRISTA Ministries
- Shoreline, Washington
- October 26
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
The Navigators® is an international, interdenominational Christian ministry established in 1933. Navigators are people who love Jesus Christ and desire to help others know and grow in Him as they "navigate" through life. We are a community of hundreds of thousands of everyday people who impact others for God's glory in our normal pathways of life—where we study, live, work, and play. Navigators are characterized by an eagerness to introduce Jesus to those who don't know Him, a passion to see those who do know Jesus deepen their relationsh More...