Telecom Support Specialist
Salem Media Group is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. We currently have a full time position available for a Telecom Support Specialist in Bloomington,
As a member of the Telecom Shared Services Team (TSS) the Telecom Support Specialist will provide user support and customer service on company-supported telephone applications and platforms, troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action. In
addition, the position will assist in support of routine adds, moves, and changes of Salem’s existing and planned telecom infrastructure.
This position may require that the employee carry a company assigned cell phone, pager or other such remote communications device and participate in 24 x 7 on-call support rotation with other Salem technical staff. Up to 15% travel will be required.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- respond to requests for telecom assistance via phone and electronically
- diagnose and resolve telecom hardware and software issues
- research questions using available information resources
- advise user on appropriate action
- follow standard help desk procedures
- log all help desk interactions
- administer help desk software
- redirect problems to correct resource
- identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- prepare activity reports
- inform management of recurring problems
- stay current with system information, changes and updates
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree preferred
- working knowledge of relevant software (Cisco Unified Call Manager), hardware and other equipment
- knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing helpdesk support
- Five (5) years of progressive telephone system support experience. A minimum of 2 years working with large scale environments with skill level at the mid to senior skill Level.
- oral and written communication skills
- learning skills
- customer service orientation
- problem analysis
- team interaction
- planning and organizing
- attention to detail
- stress tolerance
Salem Media Group offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package as well as 10 paid holidays and paid vacation.
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Media Group sounds like the company for you, please upload your cover letter with salary requirements and resume.