Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for setting the strategic marketing direction for Liberty Institute by developing plans that are integrated into and aligned with the organization’s vision and legal mission. The Director of Marketing will be responsible
for producing innovative ideas and tactics that will maximize the brand’s market penetration and further establish Liberty Institute as the “first call” place for people looking to donate, or to seek help, or to gather information on religious liberty. This
will include comprehensive marketing initiatives, including fully developed social media exploitation.
- Leads a team to develop fully integrated brand strategies that are aligned to support Liberty Institute’s vision and legal mission.
- Develops, advocates for, and implements a functional marketing design that will promote the Liberty Institute brand throughout the United States. · Leads a small team of marketing professionals in support of multi-channel marketing plans and initiatives,
including the digital and traditional media spaces.
- Ensures social media tactics are optimized, make a measurable impact, and are consistent with overall marketing and brand strategy.
- Works closely with the Senior Management Team to build and execute external marketing/branding plans, as well as internal communication efforts to ensure quality control, content compliance, and brand consistency.
- Works collaboratively with cross- functional teams including external direct mail vendors to ensure Liberty Institute’s messaging reinforces our vision and brand. This also includes the execution of event strategy throughout the country to maintain our
- Seeks to promote a spirit of innovation in the Creative Team.
- Exercises operational control of all collateral marketing materials, ensuring the freshness of their content.
- Manages department expenses and marketing budgets with efficiency. Proactively coordinates with our Legal, Development, Events and Communications Teams to ensure content accuracy, responsiveness, and brand consistency, including development of a library
of video content.
- Works closely with our Legal staff to coordinate preparation and release of all external media interactions, including press releases and interviews.
- Develops messaging around legal matters, projects and campaigns to media markets and the public at large · Coordinates with external and internal groups around mass e-mail and print media communications with donors.
- Prepares input for Board meetings on effectiveness of donor acquisition and other marketing initiatives.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel, and PowerPoint (and other graphics and presentation software). Practical use of marketing research databases and general Internet search methods. Knowledge of website management/development
and familiarity with SEO strategies.
- MBA with emphasis in Marketing and/or Marketing Research highly desired but willing to consider experience. Emphasis areas in Mass Communications (including e-commerce and B-2-B) or Brand Management a plus.
- Executive level expertise in brand management/development, marketing research, promotion, digital, social media, multi-channel marketing and strategic planning.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in a marketing/brand role, with a proven track record.
- Experience working in the non-profit arena highly desirable, but not mandatory. Experience working with attorneys desirable, but not mandatory.
- Mature Christian believer, who demonstrates Godly principles in all aspects of life.
- Views marketing/branding role with a ministry passion and is able to articulate the mission and vision of Liberty Institute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including those with independent contractors.
- Displays superior interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Works well dealing with teams in a flat organization, including legal staff.
- Ability to proactively identify marketing and brand promotion opportunities and develop supporting programs. Coordinates and directs all processes involved in a successful marketing/branding campaign
- Capable of overseeing and conducting marketing research in support of multi-channel development effort. · Demonstrates creativity in positioning the organization relative to the market and competition.
- Strategic thinker who excels at originating ideas and is able to execute and motivate across those ideas.
- Strong negotiating skills and capable problem solver
- Ability to work well under deadlines and meet the mental and physical demands of frequent time-sensitive projects and campaigns.
- Ability to handle security-sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel on short notice as needed