Physics/Honors Teacher (HS)
Science Department Lead
It is the primary responsibility of the teacher to provide classroom instruction to the students of The King’s Academy, as well as being a positive role model to them. Teachers should view their role as ministry, helping each student towards reaching their full potential in Christ.
The Physics & Honors Physics courses at TKA are designed to prepare students for college level physics and engineering courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Planning and Teaching
- Develops a curriculum map for each course taught where learning objectives are aligned with California State Standards and the school’s Expected Student Learning Results
- Prepares detailed lesson plans
- Uses a variety of teaching methodologies to create an engaging and safe classroom setting where all students are held to high expectations
- Provides relevant and engaging laboratory exercises to enhance the learning experience
- Ensures that the course content continues to meet the University of California approved curriculum
- Maintains and repairs lab equipment as needed and works with the Department Lead as part of the budget process to identify new lab equipment to improve the course.
- Incorporates technology in a meaningful way to enhance instruction and learning
- Grades all assignments, tests, quizzes, lab exercises, and projects in a timely manner, using the grading scale provided by the school.
- Keeps an accurate record of all grades for each student, submitting them to the Registrar on time
- Records the day’s or week’s homework on the school portal for access by students and parents.
3. Classroom Management
- Keeps an accurate record of all attendance and tardies for each student.
- Maintains discipline in the classroom to ensure maximum learning.
- Provides an uncluttered, healthy, and neat classroom that promotes a good learning and working environment.
- Always keeps an emergency lesson plan and current substitute folder in case of an unexpected absence.
- Communicates with parents on an “as needed” basis regarding their student’s academic or behavioral status in the class.
- Checks voice messages and emails daily, at a minimum.
- Returns phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Keeps an accurate record of all communications with parents.
- Advises the Department Lead as soon as plans to be away from the classroom are being considered.
- Writes college letters of recommendation if requested by students
5. Meetings and Events
- Attends Grade Level and Department meetings, as scheduled.
- Leads a daily student homegroup.
- Coordinates field trips and special events, as needed.
- Attends the Staff and students’ Retreat every year, as scheduled by the Administration.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned
6. Unplanned Activities
Some examples are:
- Tutoring in the Student Support Services, if assigned
- Sponsoring a student-lead club (ex: Physics Club, Robotics Club, Rocket Club)
- Advisor to National Honor Society, or as a member of the AP selection committee
Education and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or related field
- 3 - 5 years of teaching experience at HS level, or
- Experience in industry in a related field (3 – 5 years)
Specialized Knowledge in:
- Engineering Physics & Mathematics (undergraduate college level)
- Chemistry & Physics laboratory techniques
Skills and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge and experience in: Teaching Physics
- Above average skills in: Planning Lessons
- Excellent skills in: Communicating both orally and in written form
- Demonstrated ability in: incorporating best practices in education, including effective use of technology
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) & computer graphing tools
- Ability to work as a team with other science teachers, share equipment, etc.
Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Commitment to serving Jesus Christ
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Energetic, flexible, resourceful
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Able to understand, love and relate to Students
This position requires that the employee work from Monday – Friday and weekends when necessary.
The King’s Academy offers excellent benefits to employees and family. Please check our website for more information at www.tkabenefits.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
CounselorSeoul Foreign School
- Seoul, Not Assigned
- September 26
Early Education TeacherCommunity 54:13 dba Children's Promise Centers
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 21
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
The King's Academy
Located in Sunnyvale, CA, The King’s Academy is a private Christ-centered college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12. The school was established in 1991. The King’s Academy is for students who have teachable hearts and coachable spirits. We offer a loving, family environment where students are encouraged to grow in their relationships with Jesus, their family, teachers, and others. We are committed to developing God’s best for each student spiritually, academically, morally, and socially through every program an More...