The Salvation Army seeks a Territorial Director of Major Giving Programs for the Army's USA Central Territory – a strategic, goal-oriented leader with eight or more years of experience in soliciting and securing Major Gifts and at least three years of experience managing a team of gift officers. Preference is given to those who have served in a faith-based organization and/or a matrixed structure. It is imperative that the person who assumes the role fully embrace, support and reflect well on The Salvation Army’s mission and values through one’s professional responsibilities and behavior. The Territorial Director of Major Giving will be strategic and organized, with a willingness to listen and learn. S/he must be a strong communicator and be able to partner successfully with both internal and external Army stakeholders including Officers, colleagues and vendors.
This position offers a competitive benefits package. The position will have access to a fleet vehicle for travel out to the Divisions. The finalist for this role will be required to submit to a full background and reference check.
The Salvation Army is committed to offering equal employment opportunity to all applicants and to all employees without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, genetic predisposition and/or any other lawfully protected classification or occupationally irrelevant criteria. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Passion for The Salvation Army’s mission coupled with a strong commitment to know and understand the Army’s history, mission and structure, as well as its services, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of eight years of progressive experience in major gifts, with documented ability to manage staff and lead teams.
- A track record of success in securing six-figure major gifts from individual major donors in face-to-face settings, demonstrating a knowledge and ability to identify and develop potential donors and teach that process to others.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a variety of volunteers, public leadership, partner organizations and other stakeholders.
- Ability to audit, monitor, and evaluate and promote efficiency and effectiveness of ongoing projects and budgets.
- Highly effective interpersonal, conversational and presentation skills, demonstrating emotional intelligence and situational awareness in tandem with excellent writing abilities.
- Proven success in building strong and productive work teams with a focus on mentoring and nurturing staff development.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement, and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Marketing or Communications. Advanced degree, CFRE or other fundraising certifications are preferred.
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and capacity to develop and strengthen relationships, culminating in overall success.
- Willingness to travel 30-40% of the time within the Territory, some overnight travel required. A valid driver’s license is required.
Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at https://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2713pbywmku.
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email.
ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES) is a retained search firm dedicated to providing recruitment services of exceptional quality and strengthening the nonprofit community through professional staffing solutions.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES)
KEES (Kistner Eddy Executive Services, Inc.) offers tools to strengthen your organization, thereby strengthening the communities in which we work, live, and play. Our services are designed to provide multiple inputs to strengthen and transform your leadership (Board and Staff) and the multiple levels of staff/associates that carry out your mission on a daily basis. We serve your leadership and Human Resources needs – including consultation, succession planning, executive recruiting and interim staffing.More...