DALLAS LEADERSHIP FOUNDATION
Position Description Summary
Title: Neighborhood Development Director
Department: Neighborhood Development Location: Dallas, TX
Reports to: Director of Operations
About the Dallas Leadership Foundation: The Dallas Leadership Foundation is a Christian 501 (c) 3 organization that connects diverse organizations to identify, affirm and develop leaders to transform communities.
Job Summary: Under the broad supervision of and working directly with the Director of Operations of Dallas Leadership Foundation, the Neighborhood Development Director is the principal staff member responsible for implementing DLF’s neighborhood revitalization process, community events, rehabilitation projects, managing warehouse materials, managing the tool loaning program, and assist with the overseeing of DLF properties/facilities management. This position will consult neighborhood-based organizations and provide leadership development/ training using a participatory method for planning, monitoring and evaluation. The Neighborhood Development Director will assist in the design, implementation and management of new community development opportunities and neighborhood partnerships. This position involves cultivating new and existing relationships, planning and leading community meetings, effective communication both written and oral, conducting and utilizing research, as well as completing reports required to assess program effectiveness. The Neighborhood Development Director works with neighborhood associations, partner ministries, businesses and the local government to conduct effective neighborhood revitalization activities and development projects. Successful candidates for the position of Neighborhood Development Director will be skilled in interpersonal relationships and have the ability to work with a diverse constituency.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Meet with partner organizations to ascertain expectations.
2) Meet with community leaders to locate possible community projects.
3) Function as a bridge between partner neighborhoods and local schools.
4) Perform project management of community events.
5) Work with leaders from partnering organizations to promote and raise funds for the community development projects.
6) Create community development committees and monitor their progress.
7) Create weekly progress reports for supervisor.
8) Create weekly to-do list
9) Train, nurture, and motivate neighborhood leadership and other volunteers connected with projects.
10) Assist in the grant writing for neighborhood development projects.
11) Manage warehouse facilities.
12) Assist Director of Operations with maintenance of DLF properties.
13) Drive or learn to drive DLF owned 24 ft truck (manual transmission).
14) Provide support logistics during Treasures of Hope program.
15) Attend local and regional church mission conferences, fairs, and Sunday schools as assigned.
16) Design and execute Neighborhood Leadership Training curriculum.
17) Analyze and track neighborhood trends.
Successful candidates for the position of Neighborhood Development Director are expected to possess the following qualities and attributes:
1) A mature Christian with experience in ministry service, either full-time or in a volunteer capacity.
2) Understands and practices principles of Biblical equality dealing with class, race and gender.
3) Computer literate, able to navigate software programs, databases, and office equipment.
4) Strong verbal, writing, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
5) Highly motivated self-starter.
6) A teachable spirit and a willingness to learn new skills.
7) Must possess an undergraduate degree, graduate degree a plus.
8) Able to organize, prioritize, and work well with others.
9) Must have reliable transportation and a valid drivers license
10) Undergraduate degree required/Graduate degree preferred
In addition to outlined performance measures, every employee will be evaluated on their ability to perform in the following areas:
• Communication: convey information and instructions both orally and in writing
• Teamwork: participate in building consensus decision-making efforts
• Job Aptitude: perform assigned tasks
• Job Attitude: show motivation for the job
(This job description is “not” a contract, nor intended to illustrate a complete profile of responsibilities and requirements for Neighborhood Development Director. It is given to each applicant as a tool to provide a general overall outline of the position.)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTORProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Gift Planning AdministratorNational Christian Foundation
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 21
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21
Institutional ResearchSUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
- Oakland, California
- September 15
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15