About Gordon-Conwell: Gordon-Conwell is a multi-denominational evangelical Protestant graduate school, unique with its broad array of over 2100 students and 200 faculty and staff from 98 denominations and 64 countries. Our four campuses include a residential model of education at South Hamilton, MA (our main campus); an urban context offering classes in five languages in downtown Boston, MA; and adult educational models in both our Charlotte, NC campus and our offerings in Jacksonville, FL.
Our mission is to prepare men and women for ministry at home and abroad. Rooted in the gospel and God’s Word, the seminary seeks to develop Christian leaders who are thoughtful, globally aware, spiritually mature and ready for a broad array of ministries. While being historically orthodox and evangelical, we seek to address the issues of our times with both relevance to the culture and faithfulness to Christ and God’s truthful Word.
Position Summary: Under the broad supervision of the Dean of Enrollment Management, this position supports the mission of the Seminary and the Admissions team by overseeing the creation and implementation of strategies for achieving new student recruitment goals for Gordon-Conwell’s main campus in South Hamilton, Massachusetts (the only campus with students living in seminary dorms and apartments). This individual will also lead the general operations of the Admissions Office as they apply to recruiting, admitting and enrolling prospective students for the Hamilton Campus of Gordon-Conwell. The Director of Admissions will strive to increase the annual residential new student headcount at the Hamilton campus from approximately 210 to 250 or higher. Qualified candidates will be able to affirm and support the mission and vision of the seminary.
- Strategic Planning and Strategic Relationship Building: Create strategic plan to achieve new annual student recruitment goals. Identify and nurture new sources of quality leads. Develop and maintain strong relationships with key influencers of prospective students (e.g., alumni, GCTS faculty, strategic undergraduate faculty, campus ministry leaders, fellows programs, Christian study centers, denominational leaders, etc.). Expand the influence and name recognition of Gordon-Conwell by leveraging key relationships with an emphasis on recruitment. (15%)
- Execution of Recruitment, Admission, and Enrollment Plans: Oversee the end-to-end execution of strategic recruitment plans, ensuring increased engagement as prospects progress through the admissions funnel. Develop annual marketing and recruitment plans which detail the efforts to be taken to achieve each year’s recruitment goals. Partner with the Director of Communications and Marketing to create marketing and communications strategy to target new audiences, and to increase engagement of prospective students. Oversee the smooth implementation of recruitment efforts and the data systems that support them. Evaluate the qualifications of applicants for admission, accepting or denying applicants within the Seminary’s guidelines. Develop and employ tactics to ensure maximum yield of accepted to enrolled students. (40%)
- Prospective Student Hospitality: Create a warm, inviting, and informative environment for prospective students at every point of contact, whether a campus visit or external recruiting event. Ensure that all aspects of campus visits—from airport pickup to airport drop off—are conducted with a professional, welcoming demeanor and a focus on building a web of relationships between prospects and other members of the seminary community (e.g., faculty, key staff, current students, alumni, other prospective students, etc.). Oversee the planning and implementation of recruitment/enrollment management events such as open houses, Discover (yield event), and aspects of new student orientation. Seek to build culture of hospitality into faculty and staff, ensure all new and prospective students are welcomed and feel a part of the Gordon-Conwell community. (15%)
- Supervision of Team and Operations: Oversee the hiring, training, and daily management of admissions team. Provide direction, professional supervision, and performance evaluation for the Admissions Processor, Admissions Administrator, Admission Representatives, student workers, and on-campus admissions hosts. Monitor established admissions processes to ensure that all parties know their responsibilities and are executing them in a timely and correct manner. (15%)
- Admissions Student Information System Oversight: Oversee admissions data entry and maintenance practices to ensure data integrity and to leverage systems for prospect development, relationship management, reporting, and analysis. Find ways to leverage system capabilities and IT staff’s ingenuity to better support all aspects of recruitment and admissions. Generate regular and ad hoc reports for Dean of Enrollment Management and seminary leadership on current recruitment projections, status of inquiries and applicants, travel schedules, effectiveness of recruitment events and other matters related to the recruitment and admissions process. Use historic data and predictive modeling to execute data-driven decisions to achieve recruitment goals. (10%)
- Budget: Plan annual budget in collaboration with the Dean of Enrollment Management and oversee expenses throughout the year to come in on target for budget goals. (5%)
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Relationship Building and Leadership: Proven track record of building relationships across departments and outside the organization to ensure positive outcomes. A warm, welcoming, hospitable spirit that puts guests at ease and sets an example for the team. Proven ability to collaborate and foster a team environment. Well-developed leadership skills and administrative, supervisory, and organizational abilities.
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate in a manner that allows information to flow freely and smoothly in order to perform job responsibilities in a timely fashion.
- Strategic and Creative Thinking: Demonstrated ability to create long-term and short-term strategies to accomplish department and institutional goals. A talent for creative thinking and problem solving that will open new sources of quality leads.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze, interpret and evaluate data in order to make data-driven decisions and report to leadership.
- Knowledge and Discernment: Understanding of the academic, personal and spiritual capabilities required for theological training. Ability to discern an applicant’s readiness for and fit within the seminary.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five years of previous experience in higher education enrollment management (preferably in admissions), or relevant recruiting experience in another field. Successful leadership experience managing teams and the recruitment process is required.
- Experience in goal setting and achievement.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong proficiency with student information systems (preferably CAMS) as well as Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience with Crystal Reports and/or SQL Server Reporting Services as well as some basic knowledge SQL reporting are preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Advertising Sales Consultant-Omaha, NESalem Media Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- October 18
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Sales ProfessionalServiceMaster Performance
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- October 12
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary combines a rich tradition with cutting-edge educational innovation. Rooted in the gospel and God’s Word, the seminary seeks to develop Christian leaders who are thoughtful, globally aware, spiritually mature and ready for a broad array of ministries. More...