American Scientific Affiliation
Topsfield, MA 01983
The American Scientific Affiliation (ASA) is seeking an Executive Director. A dynamic leader with experience in science and Christian faith will lead this fellowship of Christians in the sciences in its ministry of support, resources, and dialog.
- Guide and direct the strategy and operation of the ASA in its mission to provide a fellowship of support for Christians in the sciences
- Set the direction and tone for civil dialog among those with diverse opinions on all issues relating to science and Christian faith
- Manage the operations of ASA as specified in the ASA bylaws and ensure fiscal stability
- Establish strategic relationships with members, foundations, and donors to provide adequate funding for the work of the ASA
- Strong Christian commitment, affirming the ASA statement of faith
- At least ten years of experience with distinction in a scientific or related field or involvement in the science and faith dialog
- Effective and natural interaction with other people
- Effective communicator in writing and public speaking
- Ability to engage and connect with diverse individuals and groups of people
- Ability to generate enthusiastic rapport with donors and foundations
- Leadership experience with personnel and business management
- Basic competence in electronic and social media
Options for part-time or full-time employment, residence away from the organization headquarters in Topsfield, MA, and compensation are negotiable.
About the ASA:
The American Scientific Affiliation was founded in 1941 to integrate, communicate, and facilitate properly researched science and theology in service to the Church and the scientific community. The ASA is not an advocacy organization. Where there is honest
disagreement on an aspect of science, Christian faith, or the relationship between the two, the ASA strives to create a safe environment in which dialogue can flourish and diverse, even contrasting, ideas can be discussed with courtesy and respect.
Applicants should complete the online application form at www.asa3.org.