Major Gift Officer
Post date: November 2015
Reports To: Vice President of Development
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Full-time, exempt
Location: Care Net offices in Lansdowne, VA
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of donors, including individuals and foundations.
- Participate in all aspects of the giving cycle: research, prospecting, cultivations, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate, and alter strategic advancement plans.
- Articulate to donors in writing and in personal meetings Care Net’s vision, mission, value proposition, case for support, and strategic initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct solicitation experience, with successful experience in asking for and closing gifts of $10,000 or more
- Is a committed Christian, with a strong commitment and dedication to evangelism, the pro-life position, and the sanctity of the family
- Demonstrated ability to grow a portfolio or segment of donors or clients by building and maintaining long-term relationships with individuals and organizations being solicited
- Has the ability to work with a diversity of Christian denominations, backgrounds and traditions
- Has strong organizational, program, written and oral skills, and has experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors
- Is computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, Google applications, and experience working with CRM applications.
- Has the ability to travel within the U.S. approximately 20% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com, with the subject line of “Major Gifts Officer.” Please include in your email:
- Cover letter
- Statement describing your relationship with Jesus Christ (no more than 250 words)
- Statement describing your pro-life position (no more than 250 words)