Major Gift Officer
Post date: November 2015
Reports To: Vice President of Development
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Full-time, exempt
Location: Care Net offices in Lansdowne, VA
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of donors, including individuals and foundations.
- Participate in all aspects of the giving cycle: research, prospecting, cultivations, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate, and alter strategic advancement plans.
- Articulate to donors in writing and in personal meetings Care Net’s vision, mission, value proposition, case for support, and strategic initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct solicitation experience, with successful experience in asking for and closing gifts of $10,000 or more
- Is a committed Christian, with a strong commitment and dedication to evangelism, the pro-life position, and the sanctity of the family
- Demonstrated ability to grow a portfolio or segment of donors or clients by building and maintaining long-term relationships with individuals and organizations being solicited
- Has the ability to work with a diversity of Christian denominations, backgrounds and traditions
- Has strong organizational, program, written and oral skills, and has experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors
- Is computer literate in Microsoft Office applications, Google applications, and experience working with CRM applications.
- Has the ability to travel within the U.S. approximately 20% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line of “Major Gifts Officer.” Please include in your email:
- Cover letter
- Statement describing your relationship with Jesus Christ (no more than 250 words)
- Statement describing your pro-life position (no more than 250 words)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
As the largest network of pregnancy centers in North America, Care Net is committed to expanding access to the life-saving services and support provided by our local affiliate centers and to reach abortion minded/vulnerable women and men with the hope of Jesus Christ. We work to accomplish this goal by promoting our network of affiliate centers and the Pregnancy Decision Line (Care Net’s online peer counseling initiative); preparing our local affiliate centers to effectively serve their communities; and partnering with existing centers More...