Bellevue Presbyterian Church seeks an innovative Executive Pastor / Executive Director (ordained or non-ordained) to join us in leading our staff and congregation in building God’s kingdom. This senior leadership position will provide strategic oversight
of the ministries and programs of BelPres and will have a high level of accountability in ensuring that all departments and staff are working together to contribute to our goals.
- Together with the Sr. Pastor, identifies strategic initiatives and develops innovative solutions to meet the needs of our church and God’s kingdom.
- Provides leadership and strategic oversight to direct reports, ensuring that each are moving together towards a common, shared goal.
- Leads and directs the implementation of ministry programs in support of BelPres’ vision.
- Partners with other organizations and agencies to support revival on the eastside and beyond.
- Collaborates across departments to drive and deliver results to support strategic initiatives.
- Equips direct reports and others to own decisions and move in faith as they determine necessary details to move toward a common goal.
- Works together with Church Business Administrator to ensure that the operational needs and requirements are understood and addressed to support ministry ad program needs.
- Works together with the Director of Music & Worship to align ministry goals.
- Oversees and manages Session, Executive Team, All Staff, and joint Exec Team/Mid Level meetings and agendas.
- Provides senior leadership, oversight and management in Sr. Pastor’s absence.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ and a theology consistent with the mission of Bellevue Presbyterian Church; passionate about Jesus and is guided by the Holy Spirit
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize needs
- Strong personal maturity, self-awareness, and initiative; able to respectfully disagree and push back while focused on the long term
- Excellent leadership skills to include defining and building an organization culture, motivating others to do the seemingly impossible
- Champion of innovation; able to understand implementation details necessary to be successful with a strong tendency to think outside of the box
- Strong strategic planning skills
- Ability to equip and empower others to make decisions
- Strong management skills to include empowering others towards success, advocating for staff, and developing and leading successful teams towards a common goal
- Strong partner and relational skills across all levels within an organization; ability to advocate for others
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a leadership role managing people and overseeing strategic planning
Please visit our website at www.belpres.org/jobs to find out more information. A resume, cover letter, application, and statement of faith are required and may be sent to email@example.com.