The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based organization to assist the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a full-time exempt Director of Development at our main office in Tustin, California. This Director
of Development has a variety of responsibilities and coordinate efforts to increase an organization’s funding base. The Director’s main objective is to adhere to the strategic plan to obtain funding for the organization while promoting its mission and programs.
Some of the Job Duties are:
- Protect, maintain, and strengthen existing relationships and facilitate the ongoing development of new and beneficial relationships for the Rescue Mission staff, volunteers, providers, donors, stakeholders and clientele, while being politically astute and
tactful; attentive to the perspectives and competing interests of various internal and external stakeholders.
- Design and implement a strategic plan for Relationship Asset Management that includes a database to track relationships.
- Build Strategic Management Systems to develop, maintain, and strengthen vital stakeholder relationships including Rescue Mission staff, volunteers, community leaders, and donors.
- Trains employees how to develop, nurture, and secure invaluable relationships, internally and externally.
- Support the Rescue Mission’s public advocacy and public policy initiatives; representing the Rescue Mission in advocacy activities as needed.
- Locate sources of funding, approaching suitable funders and soliciting major donors.
- Create and administer fund-raising program and time writing to and meeting with donors
- Maintain strong communication with executive team and donors via newsletters or other publication to demonstrate financial need and show the fiscal responsibility of the organization.
- Develop fund-raising programs and activities while ensuring that the organization operates within the approved budget. Adhering to a budget and focusing on meeting fund-raising goals are crucial components of this position.
- Oversee the management and execution of grants and funding, direct marketing, social media, video production.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, member of a Bible believing church and a signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is required OR a combination of some education with direct successful fundraising working experience of more than3 years may be used in lieu of the education requirement.
- Proficient in the MS Windows operating system, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Internet Usage, and basic typing (40 wpm)
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with the President.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- A thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; experience with business functions, systems and operational management experience.
- Some travel required so maintaining an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
All applicants must complete an application and a Statement of Faith. Please take the link to our website to apply directly in our Employment Portal:
Click the "apply here" link on the job description to the Employment Portal.
You may also obtain a hard copy of the application on our employment web page or at the front desk of the main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application in person, via mail (attention Human Resources) or via fax 714-566-6461.
Salary is contingent upon experience, plus full benefits will be offered.