Medicine and Health Products supports health care for millions of people around the world. It does this by providing donated (or purchased) medical supplies, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment to nonprofit health care providers that serve vulnerable
This position manages day to day warehouse operations for Tigard (OR) and Redmond (WA) facilities. This position is responsible for overall management of shipping, receiving and storage of medical product and pharmaceuticals in the Distribution Center.
This includes receiving and shipping, inventory management, and sorting/production of mixed product into labeled final boxes and pallets that are ready for distribution. This manager supervises staff and a large team (250+ per week) of volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative ways to manage donations operations
- Plan and implement preparation and loading of pallets into containers for shipment
- Maintain a safe, OSHA-compliant work environment (including: a) current Material Safety Data Sheets, b) forklift and scissor lift certification for staff and volunteers, and c) reporting maintenance, security or safety issues to MTI Facilities Manager)
- Manage recycling and waste management including hazardous material disposal.
- Systematically store pallets and donated supplies for efficient handling and distribution
- Manage inventory, adhering to MTI standards for expiration and quality
- Train, monitor and support the pallet building process
- Oversee gathering and preparation of select product for volunteer groups, special projects, teams and program shipments as requested
- Oversee production processes that sort mixed medical supplies into boxes for final production.
- Assure that specialized knowledge is applied to management of medical supplies
- Assure that guidelines for processing are up to date
- Manage volunteer schedules to ensure adequate numbers of volunteers are available each day
- Assist volunteers in processing (receiving, inventory, pallet queue, palletizing, and storing)
- Collaborate with other MTI staff to increase volunteer utilization
- Improve consistency and quality of volunteer work through updated documentation and training
- Cultivate and maintain a positive work environment with volunteers.
- Routinely document communications with volunteers in volunteer contact records (e.g., CRM).
- Provide back up support for the Distribution Center Team as needed
- Procure supplies for daily activities in the Distribution Center
- Assist with developing and documenting procedures of operation
- Develop and maintain distribution center information boards
- Provide administrative training and support to the Distribution Center Staff
- Keep inventory management system (IMS) data current and provide reports
- Provide additional support through the warehouse for MTI activities including accommodating and supporting events located in the Distribution Center.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s License
- 5 years warehouse operations and/or inventory experience
- Forklift, scissor lift, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment
- Pass certification tests for both fork and scissor lifts
- 3 years management experience: Teams leadership and direct staff supervision
- Intermediate knowledge of logistics and production processes
- Commitment to Medical Teams International mission statement
- Proven track record of successful teamwork and team building.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.