Salem Media of New York is looking for a Full Time Operations Manager for our two local radio stations, AM 970 The Answer and AM 570 The Mission. This person will oversee all aspects of the on-air programming operations of the radio station and will report
directly to the General Manager.
- Ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations and Salem Media Group policies.
- Be responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling of programming personnel.
- Appear at station events/remotes as a friendly “face” of the station.
- Manage the daily functioning of automated program delivery resulting in a consistent, tight, on-air product. A station sound with minimal if any episodes of dead-air or audio collisions.
- Coordinate digital audio streaming processes including web and app based systems.
- Post Podcasts to the web.
- Work with sales staff for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions.
- Work with sales staff on production of commercial spots.
- Work with brokered programming clients on production of their programs.
- Work with station promotion and sales personnel to maximize digital assets including websites, social media presence, and other emerging technologies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Several years of experience in radio programming/production/operations management.
- Knowledge of digital automation systems including NexGen.
- Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
- Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Experience in creating graphics for web (i.e. use of Photoshop, etc.) would be a plus, but not necessary.
- A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
Salem offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Please visit www.salemmedia.com to apply online. Salem Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.