We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and desire to live and work in a close community to serve in the much-needed role of Facilities Manager. He/She should be passionate about ministering in the area of facility maintenance, but also have
a desire to mentor and disciple others through this ministry position within the work setting of a farm.
His Mansion is a healing and discipleship community for adults struggling with addictions and all manner of life-controlling behaviors. Our mission is
To inspire Christ-like change through authentic relationships in a community context, with Biblical truth and love.
The makeup of our community determines a large part of what it is like to live and work here. We have about 80 people who live on-site all year-round, comprised of full-time staff and their families, gap-year students, and facilitators. Since we are about
a 45-minute drive from any large towns or cities, all of our full-time staff live on-site. His Mansion Ministries is a beautiful place with many natural resources but calls for somewhat remote living. Our staff is passionate about involvement with our community
and ministry. We encourage applicants, at a further stage in the hiring process, to visit and ask questions from various staff about what it is like to live and work here.
- Strong Christian faith, integrity, moral values and convictions
- Knowledge of and passion for His Mansion’s mission and philosophy of ministry
- Good problem solving skills, ability to troubleshoot complex systems, exercise judgment, and make decisions in performing job duties
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work unsupervised for extended periods
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Over 10 years of experience in construction or property management
- Experience/knowledge/certification in carpentry, roofing, appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, glass repair, landscaping, dry walling, concrete, HVAC, refrigeration, heavy equipment operation, and masonry
- Demonstrated knowledge of building and equipment codes and safety regulations
- Ability to work within a team environment, communicate well, and to lead managers to work to deadlines
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee the operation of facilities, maintains appropriate staffing levels and meet established standards for each area
- Perform preventative and repair maintenance with HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, including boilers, fire and building alarms, and well/septic systems
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, waste water permitting, fire code regulations, MSDS, and other governmental requirements pertaining to facilities
- Installation, repair, upgrades, and remodels for both guests and staff housing.
- Determine policies and procedures necessary for accomplishing standards
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities (utilizing volunteers when appropriate) and encourage professional and Christ-like development
- Outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Occasionally operate heavy machinery and smaller machinery that requires caution, such as chainsaws or other small engine equipment
- Regularly lift, bend, twist, and push and pull loads
- Live on His Mansion property, must be accessible 24/7 for emergency response, on a rotary basis
Housing, utilities, and other benefits are provided by His Mansion. Employees are required to raise support for their personal needs. His Mansion will provide resources for support raising.
Before applying, please read the job description in its entirety at hismansion.com/serve/long-term-staff, and the statement of faith at hismansion.com/about/statement-of-faith. If interested in this position, please email a resume to Ed Perrine at email@example.com.
Most communication will be handled by email over the next few months until the position has been filled. Initial inquiries will not be responded to immediately so as to give us time to consider the many applicants. Not all applicants will receive a response
for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, types of work performed and qualification required of staff members assigned to this position. They are not intended nor should be taken as an exhaustive list of and responsibilities, duties,
and requirements of personnel so classified.